ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extenstion - Form Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pearldew
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extenstion - Form Questions

Post by pearldew » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Hello all,

I have searched through the boards and have got conflicting answers from different threads.

1) D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued

Will this be the Start Date of the visa (14 Apr 2009) or the date of application (30 March 2009)

2) D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant's passport

I had my passport stolen 2 years ago but fortunately have a photocopy of the original visa (vignette) Can I enter the number and include the old visa photocopy

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 am

D3 is your first ever VISA VALID FROM DATE on your visa. What I mean is if you entered in the UK under student visa in 2006 and got T1 in 2008, you will use visa valid from date of your student visa.

D4 - Visa reference number on top right corner of your visa sticker
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

pearldew
Newly Registered

Post by pearldew » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

Thank you so much for the response. I really appreciate it.

I have one more question:

When I had originally applied for Tier 1 I did not have my degree certificate but had got a Certificate from the University stating that I am awaiting my degree certificate in 2009 (even though I had passed out in 2006 I had not recieved my degree, Thanks University of Mumbai)

Anyway to get to my query, Do I now have to submit my original certificate (which I now have) and if I do, the name on the certificate is - FIRST NAME/MIDDLE NAME/MOTHER'S NAME with no last name. How do I explain this to them.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:27 am

hmm - bit tricky but I suppose submitting the degree now would not harm. In fact you would be better off doing that since you had not submitted the degree on your application.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

pearldew
Newly Registered

Post by pearldew » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 am

Ok sounds like I will have to send it. The tricky bit here is if I put in a cover letter explaining that my name on the degree is slightly different from my passport (No last name!) they shouldnt have a problem with that right? or will it cause major issues?

Gosh sleepless nights are driving me mad, and It's my birthday today so dang it lol this should get easier

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:47 am

Happy birthday to start with.

It should not prove trickier as people have different ways of enrolling themselves for different things. My passport has Mr xxxxxxKUMAR and all my employments just had Mr xxxx, doe not mean I am two different individuals. I think it should not cause any problem.