ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointments -Croydon

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zheni

Appointments -Croydon

Post by zheni » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I have been trying to book an appointment for the EEA3 application route. The whole task seems impossible-online booking does not offer any appointments at all. I tried to book it over the phone but all they say is that they are fully booked until certain date and cannot book anything beyond that date. I would rather not have it posted.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 pm

There is no premium service for EEA3. You have to do a postal application.

Same day service is only available for EEA 1 applucations.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

boloney

Re: Appointments -Croydon

Post by boloney » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:31 pm

zheni wrote: I would rather not have it posted.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Why not?
Send it using special delivery and will be fine.
Many people done so and there was No issue.

zheni

Post by zheni » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Obie wrote:There is no premium service for EEA3. You have to do a postal application.

Same day service is only available for EEA 1 applucations.

Same day service was not available for BR applications a couple of years ago but a family member booked it under EEA and was fine. While there she observed A8 nationals applying for PR with no problems whatsoever.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Could it have been that the A8 were applying for ILR under the national rules and not for PR under the EeA regulations?

Unless you plan to support a EEA4 application or have kids in the near future, in which case having PR confirmation is useful, your other option is just not to apply.

zheni

Post by zheni » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Jambo wrote:Could it have been that the A8 were applying for ILR under the national rules and not for PR under the EeA regulations?

Unless you plan to support a EEA4 application or have kids in the near future, in which case having PR confirmation is useful, your other option is just not to apply.
Doubt it as people have been walking away with vignettes. Well, I do need the PR as I am a student and no one will want to employ me full time unless I prove that I have that right.
I'd book it as before under EEA1 but there aren't any appointments.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Are you an EU citizen? You suggested as much by talking about EEA3.

In any case, if you want to apply, do so by post.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 am

As i said before, you can do same day service for EEA 1 application, but in the case of EEA3 only postal application is accepted. Furthermore as EU national you are not required to, neither is it necessary to apply for residence document, in order to secure your right, even if you are a student.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors