ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General to Dependant Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhm123

Tier 1 General to Dependant Visa

Post by bhm123 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello Experts,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am really struggling to get the visa information. Here is the case,

I am on Tier 1 General visa (Apr 2012). I was in India from June 2010 till Nov 2011 till I got married in Nov 2011.
I travelled to UK with my husband considering I will be able to extend my Tier 1 Visa within UK, but as uplift factor is not considered anymore so I do not have sufficient points to extend Tier 1 General.

My husband has Tier 1 General visa till May 2014.

1. Can I get dependant visa within United Kingdom?
2. I thought I will either extend my Tier 1 or get dependant visa in UK. I heard from UKBA that I need to travel to home country to get dependant visa, is this the only option? Any other options within UK?
3. I am on contract job till my visa expires, so I will have take leave to go to India to get dependant visa.
So effectively when I apply for a dependant visa in India I will have a job in UK, will this be a problem?

Please help or suggest any options or issues that I can come across to get extension or dependant.

Many many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 General to Dependant Visa

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm

1. No
2. No
3. No

bhm123

Post by bhm123 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply Lucapooka. Helpful indeed.

I am thinking of submitting the application in New Delhi VFS end of this month.

Question?
I will have a valid Tier 1 visa remaining (15 days or so) when i apply for dependant visa, would that be a problem?

Please suggest. Many thanks in advance every1.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm

No, you don't have to wait for existing leave to expire in order to qualify for new leave.

bhm123

Passport & BRP copies

Post by bhm123 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks a lot.

Do I need to carry main applicants original passport and BRP permit?
Or just the photcopies will do? Is it necessary to get them attested?

Kindly Suggest.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Passport & BRP copies

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 am

bhm123 wrote:Thanks a lot.

Do I need to carry main applicants original passport and BRP permit?
Or just the photcopies will do? Is it necessary to get them attested?

Kindly Suggest.
A certified copy of the passport (inc. visa or Res Permit)

bhm123

Post by bhm123 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

thank you.

By Certified you mean attested copy, is that correct? Many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:55 am

It depends what you mean by attested! I am referring to someone who is officially granted authority to certify that copies are faithful to an original having seen both. Certification, notorization, attestation....etc. I`m sure there are others.

bhm123

Post by bhm123 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Thank you again.

I am also referring to the same thing.

I spoke to UKBA and person said that i need to carry husbands original passport and BRP. So i will be carrying original passport and BRP document of my husband.

WIll it be a problem for me to carry husband's passport?
I am also in process of searching solicitor who will help to get passport copies certified. MAny thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 pm

bhm123 wrote:Thank you again.

I am also referring to the same thing.

I spoke to UKBA and person said that i need to carry husbands original passport and BRP. So i will be carrying original passport and BRP document of my husband.

WIll it be a problem for me to carry husband's passport?
I am also in process of searching solicitor who will help to get passport copies certified. MAny thanks.
you should not be taking your husband's BRP and Passport with you out of the UK unless he is travelling with you. You only need certified copies as already advised.

bhm123

Travel History

Post by bhm123 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your previous answers, that helped a lot.

I have already submitted the Tier 1 dependant application at VFS India. I need your help for one of the questions on the form.

Have you previously travelled to UK in last 5/10 years?
I mentioned 2 trips when I came to UK on different work assignments and when I travelled to UK with my husband. However during those assignments I went to India on holiday for a week but I did not mention that.
Although all the entry exit stamps are present on the passport for all the travels, I am little concerned that should I have mentioned that on the form. Will it be a problem?

Also current status has been changed from “Your application is forwarded to the British High Commission” to “Your application is under process at the British High Commission”.
Does anybody know how many stages after this status?

Many many thanks in advance.

bhm123

Email to BHC

Post by bhm123 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 am

Hi All,

I have submitted the application, my travel date back to UK is 7th April. The status is "Under Process at the British HIgh Commission".

Would it be a good idea to write email to British HIgh Commission stating my travel date to UK (attaching the itinerary) and requesting to process before travel date if possible? Just a request.

Would it cause any trouble? in case anybody has any idea?

Many thanks.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi bhm123

I do not think it is going to make any difference to your application since you are travelling in 4 days time. Also that your application has recently reached the High Commission.

However I do not think it will cause any delays if you did send in a request letter. In my personal opinion, it would be just a waste of time to do so.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

bhm123

Post by bhm123 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you Harv for your reply.

I did send email but got reply that additional documents cannot be submitted when visa application is in progress. At least no harm done. :)

I submitted the application last to last week. Hopefully i should receive it in next 2 days. little conderned. Fingures crossed.

bhm123

Status Changed

Post by bhm123 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello experts,

Status of my application has been changed from [b]"Visa application is under process at the British High Commission"[/b] to [b]"Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait untill it is ready for collection."[/b] on VFS website.

Does anybody know low long does it take to receive application after getting this status?
I have not received SMS or email about the status change, is this something to be worried about?

Hoping to get it on Monday considering it is holiday tomorrow.

Many many thanks to all.

harv
United Kingdom

Re: Status Changed

Post by harv » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 pm

bhm123 wrote:Hello experts,

Status of my application has been changed from "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission" to "Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait untill it is ready for collection." on VFS website.

Does anybody know low long does it take to receive application after getting this status?
I have not received SMS or email about the status change, is this something to be worried about?

Hoping to get it on Monday considering it is holiday tomorrow.

Many many thanks to all.
Congratulations, your application is now processed and been sent to the VFS office (where you submitted it). You do not get a notification on this status change normally (my wife did not get one either). However the status will very soon change to 'Ready for Collection', usually on the same day. The next message will also trigger the sms notification.

Best of luck and do let us know your success story.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

bhm123

Visa Granted!!

Post by bhm123 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks.
As you said, status changed to Ready for collection early Monday morning. Visa Granted!!!

I have updated the timelines in the Out of country tier 1 dependant timelines thread.

This is very helpful board. Thanks to everyone. I will try to help others with my past visa experiences. Cheers!!!