ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa extension - maintenance funds in Business accoun

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashish1982
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa extension - maintenance funds in Business accoun

Post by ashish1982 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 am

Hi,
I wanted to inquire if it is acceptable to show the Maintenance funds for Tier 1 extension in a Business Account. I am self employed and sole director of Pvt Limited company.

Kindly confirm if anyone has got their visas stamped using Business account.
Thanks.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:52 am

Should be okay....I had a friend who was told by the CW that he could have showed the savings from his business account rather than the savings / current account.

That's just something that I have heard so better check with others. :D
Give me more Karma (+)

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 pm

QuickSam wrote:Should be okay....I had a friend who was told by the CW that he could have showed the savings from his business account rather than the savings / current account.

This is totally wrong advice and it is a dangerous precedent to set on this forum. You are a senior member and i don't expect you to give such an advice. The company is a separate legal entity and funds in the company account is not the directors money. If the company for instance goes bankrupt and the company can not meet its liabilities, the director can not be chased for those liabilities unless of course the director has acted fraudulently. May be in one instance the CW did not know what he/she was about and approved an application based on maintenance funds in a company account but this does not make it right. You should always present your applications based on the right procedures. The rules even state that the bank account should have your name on it and business accounts will normally have the name of the company on it. This implies that you can not use the business accounts to satisfy the maintenance requirement. You are only an employee of the business.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I think the bank statements needs to be from a "personal" account. The Policy Guidance says:

i) Personal bank or building society
statements covering a consecutive 90 day
period: The most recent statement must be
dated no more than one calendar month
before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society
statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the fi nancial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day
period

The business is not the applicant here. It is the Tier 1 migrant who is applying, I should think that to be in line with the rules, one needs to provide a personal statement rather than a business statement.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Funds in the business account are not accepted and your case may be refused, As Bank statments issued are on the name of business not on your name.
Use your savings account to maintain your funds.

n_w
Newly Registered

ISA

Post by n_w » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 am

Does it mean we can show our ISA account funds for maintenance ?

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:22 am

You must have an access to the account ,

Now ISA is a different case however, cash ISA might be ok .

n_w
Newly Registered

ISA

Post by n_w » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 am

Yes I meant Cash ISA account on applicant's name.

Thanks for the reply

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:21 am

bobby80gh wrote:
QuickSam wrote:Should be okay....I had a friend who was told by the CW that he could have showed the savings from his business account rather than the savings / current account.

Please try and understand what I had written. I guess this was written in English.

I never said that this person was allowed to extend with savings in business account. The person was told by the CW that he could have shown the savings in his business account as this person applied as self employed.
Give me more Karma (+)

amir khan
Newly Registered

Post by amir khan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi

I applied for further extension application of Tier-1 General) and I fixed my maintenance fund in my business account I am registered as self employed.and my business account is on my name then my business name. Now I received a letter from my application case worker he did not consider my business bank statement and he asked for produce any other account bank statement with same maintenance fund amount. I have no other account with the same amount plz help me and give some advice what I have to do at this stage.

Many thanks

attari26
Newly Registered

Mainteinace funds in Business account

Post by attari26 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 pm

asa

alifaroo

Business Account statement for Maintenance funds

Post by alifaroo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Amir,
just want to know what happened to your case?! as I will be applying for an extension soon and i have got business account statements for maintenance funds :( - I don't have any other account with adequate funds.

Any one else been in this situation please advise.

Regards
amir khan wrote:Hi

I applied for further extension application of Tier-1 General) and I fixed my maintenance fund in my business account I am registered as self employed.and my business account is on my name then my business name. Now I received a letter from my application case worker he did not consider my business bank statement and he asked for produce any other account bank statement with same maintenance fund amount. I have no other account with the same amount plz help me and give some advice what I have to do at this stage.

Many thanks

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 am

As said earlier you can't show business account as proof for maintenaning funds unless te business account is your personal account as well..

alifaroo

Post by alifaroo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:01 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:As said earlier you can't show business account as proof for maintenaning funds unless te business account is your personal account as well..
thanks for you reply Gaurav - how would you call a business account is a personal account as well (do you mean that a business current account is in use of business as well as personal transactions!?)

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:48 am

When personal current account is used for business .. You could use that for showing maintance of fund as mentioned by gaurav .. But business accounts is a risk .
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 am

thanks for you reply Gaurav - how would you call a business account is a personal account as well (do you mean that a business current account is in use of business as well as personal transactions!?)
If you are a sole trader you don't need a business account so in that case you do all your transaction from your personal account but if you have a limited company you open a business account and withdraw salary and dividend from that account..so in this case you wont be able to show business account for maintenance fund because its not held in your name it's held in company name...