ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips on company headed paper

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonbca

Payslips on company headed paper

Post by jonbca » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:16 pm

My employer e-mails me all of my payslips, and they do not bear a company logo or anything. I'm also a remote UK-based employee for an American company, and we do not have offices here. As a result, there is no "formal" company letterhead for our UK operations.

We do, however, have letterhead for our US head-office. Would it be alright to print my payslips on the US letterhead?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Payslips on company headed paper

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:31 pm

jonbca wrote:I'm also a remote UK-based employee for an American company, and we do not have offices here.
You mean you are self-employed? What do you do about income tax?

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm not self-employed. I'm a salaried employee of the US company's UK subsidiary. We have other employees in the UK who are also remote/home-based employees, but no permanent offices.

For tax, I'm on PAYE like everyone else. I get paid in sterling to my UK bank account.

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

Hi,

The options are

1.To contact the HR in US to send the required Payslips in the company letter head and post it to you.

2. In the company letter head get the entire pay details for the required month like Gross and Net payment in consolidated.

3. Get the Online payslips printed out and send them for sign and stamp.

In all cases get the contact person of HR is involved in this.

Thanks,
Mani

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks ManiKing. Is it sufficient to just print my online payslips on company-headed paper? Or do they need to be stamped and signed also? The guidance notes state:
Payslips which are not on headed paper or if the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.
To me this indicates that because I receive them online, even if they're on company headed paper, they need to be stamped and signed. Is this the case? Or can I just submit payslips that have been printed from online onto company-headed paper?

Dasavathar

Post by Dasavathar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi all,

I lost one of my payslip. My employer is ready to give me the details in the letterhead about my salary details. Can anyone tell me what actually needs to be in the letter?
(like: NI number/grosspay/Tax deducted/ Name/address so on..)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 pm

jonbca wrote:Is it sufficient to just print my online payslips on company-headed paper? Or do they need to be stamped and signed also? The guidance notes state:
Given that your company has no offices in the UK, and has employees who have access to company stationary with the authority to act individually, I would play it safe get the payslips certified by the source in the USA. That`s just my opinion so wait for more comment.

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

HI Jonbca,

Yes, you are correct. Even though the online Payslip has the Logo, it is not the original one. It is still Online Payslip.

It must be signed and stamped by the HR people.

The same scenario happened to me and i took printout of the Online Payslip and i got Sign and stamp from my company.

Thanks,
Mani