ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about child tax credit and working please help

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katy1
Newly Registered

Query about child tax credit and working please help

Post by katy1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I am a British citizen but my husband is on his 2 year visa. Could I apply for child tax credit and working as a single claim even if I am living with him? We are struggling as he has a low income and that would help us if I am able to get it. Please let me know

Thanks in advance

katy1
Newly Registered

Post by katy1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:00 pm

also on the tax credit website it mentions that I can only make a single claim if I am not married? Please advise

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:44 pm

You have to make a joint claim for both Child Tax Credits and WTC. It won't affect his ILR application.

katy1
Newly Registered

Post by katy1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Well I do not really want him to get ILR but will this affect his other visas such as DLR? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 pm

What do you mean...'you don't really want him to get ILR'? Don't you intend to support his SET(M) application?
Edit: I've now trawled through your other posts. It would have helped if you'd continued in your original thread.
If you don't want to support his application for ILR even though you appear to want the relationship to continue and are still living together, Vinny has already advised you could apply for FLR(M) instead.
You have a child together. Perhaps you should give this priority in your decision.
Claiming CTC & WTC is won't be an issue for DLR....although Dicretionary Leave isn't an easy route. :?