ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Application Form J1 Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashehzi

Tier 1 Dependent Application Form J1 Question

Post by ashehzi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I am applying for extension of Tier-1 dependents. There is one question "J1" on page 27.

J1. Have you lived at any other address in the UK within the past 5 years?

They have lived with me since June 2010, and at the same address where we are living at the moment.

My understanding is that I should say "No" to this question. As this question is just about your living in UK, not outside UK. Am i right?

Your urgent response is highly appreciated, as I need to submit documents at the earliest.

warm regards,
--
Anjum

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:25 am

anyone there?

flybird
Newly Registered

Post by flybird » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:04 pm

I assume you're using the PBS Dependant application Form (Version 02/2012).

Yes I just supplied address in the UK, which covers three years in the past. Outside of this is not asked.

So, if dependants do not have a UK address other than the one they are currently residing at, mark NO and move to section K.

Please can you also comment on my another question related to in-country dependant extension application: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 678e1ff031

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Application Form J1 Question

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 pm

ashehzi wrote:I am applying for extension of Tier-1 dependents. There is one question "J1" on page 27.

J1. Have you lived at any other address in the UK within the past 5 years?

They have lived with me since June 2010, and at the same address where we are living at the moment.

My understanding is that I should say "No" to this question. As this question is just about your living in UK, not outside UK. Am i right?

Your urgent response is highly appreciated, as I need to submit documents at the earliest.

warm regards,
--
Anjum
This is bit tricky to answer. You need to cover last 5 years. In your case, Add 1 will be your address since June 2010. And to be on safer side, include your overseas address. I did that. But theoretically you can say "No" too.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:02 pm

ashehzi wrote:J1. Have you lived at any other address in the UK within the past 5 years?
This question is just asking for UK addresses in the last five years. If they have only lived with you at your current address since 2010, and have not lived at another UK address, then your answer is NO

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 pm

ScopeD wrote:
ashehzi wrote:J1. Have you lived at any other address in the UK within the past 5 years?
This question is just asking for UK addresses in the last five years. If they have only lived with you at your current address since 2010, and have not lived at another UK address, then your answer is NO
thats what i did.

Thanks for the replies.