ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Scheme Suspended

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:43 pm

baskey wrote:Hi all,

I am panic after this announcement. It seems, I need to get another 3K in order
to get 2nd HSMP extension next year. In the mean time, I would like to ask whether amount paid into company's pension contribution and private medical insurance contribution by the company can be included as gross salary or not. Presently pension contribution is reflected in my salary slip (however it is not taxed) and medical contribution is not reflected. Please advice. I feel just to get additonal 3K gross/annum, I need to undergo lots of trouble in terms of getting a new job, my wife has to leave her present job, relocation, finding a new school for my kids etc.. Thinking of all these issues, my BP is going up. I am going to negotiate with my present employer but I am afraid whether they consider my demand

Pls. share your views.

Thanks,

Baskey
I myself don't think the HO/Govt. is going to be so strict with people earning "decent" salary.

for e.g if you are falling in the 30k salary bracket and are earing 27k then it will be fine. but if you fall in the 30k bracket and earning 15k then it might raise some eyebrows

Others can comment on this

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:47 pm

Olisun,

If govt thinks they have made a 'Mistake' then should the in country immigrant suffer for that.

There is nothing stoping them to come up with more tighter rule or rather stop the new immigrant coming in the country at all. But passing on thier mistakes share on the in country immigrants is surely unfair.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

googleman
Newly Registered

Post by googleman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:13 pm

Hi olisun,

If I get a letter from my employer will it be considered as proof of earning ? I need to show earning for 8 months but i dont understand on what logic they are asking this? Anyone who has got intial 1 year approval in my position?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:20 pm

googleman wrote:Hi olisun,

If I get a letter from my employer will it be considered as proof of earning ? I need to show earning for 8 months but i dont understand on what logic they are asking this? Anyone who has got intial 1 year approval in my position?
I think many people in a similar situation like you have got extension when the old rules were in effect.

baskey

Post by baskey » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:35 pm

captain74 wrote:baskey

The contributions to pension schemes are taken from the gross salary so should be added to your gross salary for the purpose of getting your HSMP extension.

The contributions need, however, to be your contributions and not your employers contributions as those are not counted as your salary.
Hi Captain,

Thanks for the answer, however are you sure employer's contribution into pension account is not taken into account. I believe basically the employer's contribution is also our earnings. Are you sure about this?

Can others also share the opinion please.

Regards,

Baskey

captain74

Post by captain74 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:53 pm

baskey

I am very sure about the employers contribution not being part of your salary. If you look at your pay slip closely you will see two entries in the pensions column - your contribution and your employers contribution (assuming that your employer does in fact contribute).

Only the entry under your contribution is part of your salary. The employers contributions are 'benefits' over and above the salary just like car allowance etc. These do not count as your salary.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:58 pm

I second that.

Empolyees contribution is part of the salary. But employer's contribution is not.

Bonus is a part of salary.

Anything earned which is taxable, is considered part of salary. Pension contribution is NOT taxable!

captain74

Post by captain74 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:02 pm

baskey

My company sends out a Total Compensation Statement once every year to all employees. Is that the case with your company too?

If yes, that might be a good document to send to the HO as it would generally have all benefits etc included (in terms of sterling value) and that can push the figure up.

baskey

Post by baskey » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:25 pm

captain74 wrote:baskey

My company sends out a Total Compensation Statement once every year to all employees. Is that the case with your company too?

If yes, that might be a good document to send to the HO as it would generally have all benefits etc included (in terms of sterling value) and that can push the figure up.
Thanks again Captain. What do you mean by "Total Compensation statement" I do get annual statement for my pension account. Is that you meant? In that case, will HO accept this as an earning?

I am not sure how many of us is going to face problems but I am sure many HSMP people not aware of this new changes at all.

Regards,

Baskey

captain74

Post by captain74 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:41 pm

baskey

The Total Compensation Statement details what salary, bonus and other benefits, if applicable, were paid to you over the period of one year. It is not the same as Annual Statement of Pension account.

I suggest you try getting a document of this type from your HR/Pay Roll department as this can then show a higher figure as your earnings as opposed to just the basic salary.

In my case this pumps up my basic salary figure by approx. 20% ! I am sure such a document will help you.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:39 pm

olisun

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rog wrote:
I had a query, if you are applying for 1 year extension after 1+3 ie 4 years, your initial HSMP visa is still a 1 year one, so in that case would the 1st or 2nd table apply, because it clearly refers to the initial visa.

Previous Earnings (GROSS before tax)
If initial HSMP visa was for 12 months or less, earnings are assessed for the last 8 months (£)
26,500+ - 45
23,300 – 26,499 - 40
21,300 – 23,299 - 35
19,300 – 21,299 - 30
17,300 – 19,299 - 25
15,300 - 17,299 - 20
13,300 - 15,299 - 15
12,000 - 13,299 - 10
10,650 – 11,999 - 5

If initial HSMP visa was for 12+ months, earnings are assessed for the last 12 months (£)
40,000 + - 45
35,000 – 39,999 - 40
32,000 – 34,999 - 35
29,000 – 31,999 - 30
26,000 – 28,999 - 25
23,000 – 25,999 - 20
20,000 – 22,999 - 15
18,000 – 19,999 - 10
16,000 – 17,999 - 5

It should be the first table

I just checked on the Home Office website, it is previous leave and not initial leave hence the second table would apply. Time to start searching for jobs in home country

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:29 pm

FYI if you use the "quote" button then the previous posters msg appears in a white box and you can post your reply at the bottom... :-)

Send an email to HO and call them and see what they have to say...

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Are you serious or being sarcastic ? Do you really think that the home office gives a *$£%£$ about what we think. The human rights are only for criminals and terrorists who have lived on their benefits.

The salary levels are really unrealistic if you compare with UK average and also wages of persons outside London in other towns.

The tabloids rantings and scare mongering about immigrants finally did us in.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:49 pm

Rog wrote:Are you serious or being sarcastic ? Do you really think that the home office gives a *$£%£$ about what we think. The human rights are only for criminals and terrorists who have lived on their benefits.

The salary levels are really unrealistic if you compare with UK average and also wages of persons outside London in other towns.

The tabloids rantings and scare mongering about immigrants finally did us in.
Well if you think I am being sarcastic then I can't do anything.

"If initial HSMP visa was for 12 months or less, earnings are assessed for the last 8 months (£) " <== This statement I believe has been taken from a "website".

If the above statement is not very clear and if it doesn't match the one you found on the HO site, then it's better you call HO and / or send them an email to confirm, before getting paranoid and jumping to conclusions...

Am I clear now? :lol: :lol:

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Sorry if I snapped under the pressure of suddenly being kicked out of UK in future despite finally doing a managerial job in my own industry. I checked myself on the H O website. The wording is definitely 'previous' grant of leave so that means that in 1+3 they are referring to the second extension of 3 years as per my understanding.

I will try to mail HO for a clarification but with very little hope of hearing a favourable reply.

The option of switching to WP is not very feasible because the mail employability of an HSMP holder is that the employers do not have to sponsor a WP.

junior

Time to Think for HO

Post by junior » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:34 pm

Well if UK govt realized that this country has got more no of immigrants than they actually anticipated then they cud have made a better and precise understanding of the scheme for the betterment and benefit for all the ppl concerned.
Last edited by junior on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:05 pm

On a second thought I want to believe that those of us who have gotten 3 years extension might not be affected, that is our 1 year extension might not be based on the new policy, since the policy is talking about extension of initial stay.

Let us seek clarifications, since those who came after us and got 4 years are free.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:28 am

Peeople , who are even on a three year extension , would have to take a 1 year extension but now as per new rule , this extension would be on a criteria of fulfilling 75 points and showing earning for an assessment period of 12 months.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:32 am

Is it earning assessment for greater than 12 months or less than 12 months

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:11 pm

It is earning assessment for the past 12 months from the time you are applying , If you download the latest guidance booklet for FLR , you will get the whole information instead of requesting for these small infos again and again as there is a bunch of white facial clads on this discussion who will laugh at your problem and as these people have deaf ears considering themselves to be the best in all situations, it is best to avoid them. So , my advise to you would be download the HSMP guidelines, study them and then mail HSMP team instead of taking advise from some white racials.

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:40 pm

i got to hear of the changes on this board ,i am grateful for this. The news however was a rude shock as i am due to renew in December , i came in April and only started work in middle of August. So, needless to say, I cannot meet the new reqt by reason of my age ang pay. very sad indeed. i am in my line of work and doing the same job as i was doing back home.
I have also squandered my life savings....I am the saddest of all men.....

in fact, i just rented a house last week with the hope of bringing in my family before christmas. I am now more confused than ever and indeed very sad. I resigned my job back home and everyone knows i am here. i don't know what to do now.

The only thing i can think of is whether it is possible to change from hsmp to student visa to enable me gather my thoughts together before going home.I have about 2000GBP savings.

I congratulate those of you that scaled the hurdle..But don't deride those of us that wouldn't make it. We probably thought UK government was sincere and knew what they were doing.

aqilzeeshan

Please suggest

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:47 pm

I got following gross salaries for last 8 months and i have 12 month initial visa

April = 4000
May = 2000
June = 2000
July = 2000
Auguest = 2000
September = 2333
October = 2333
November = 2333 + 400 something for overtime (will get it by the end of this month before applying on 5Dec)
==========
Total = 19300 Plus , that makes 30 Points of earning

I have 30 Points of Graduation
20 Points of Age 30
5 Points of Uk Experience
ILETS with band 7

That makes total of 75 points.

But the thing that is creating doubt in my mind is i was paid salary of March in April (as it took time to get NI and then bank account) but it is not mentioned anywhere in salary slip and salary slip shows 4000 gross for April. and taking into account 4000 of April in total gross of last 8 months will give me 75 points.

I will be sending 2 proofs of earning that is salary slips and bank statment.

Am i in good shape or i am out of UK ? :(

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:01 pm

I have read the guidance notes, and there is only a provision for earnings to be calculated in the prior 8 months (if your visa was for a year)

Now the isue is that most people including myself can nnot have worked for 8 months before the extesnion stage. i just got a job and i have just 6 months left on my visa,.... so will the amount for 8 months still apply to me or what?
My bow has been renewed

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Re: Please suggest

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:03 pm

If you are 30 years old you will get 10 points not 20
aqilzeeshan wrote:I got following gross salaries for last 8 months and i have 12 month initial visa

April = 4000
May = 2000
June = 2000
July = 2000
Auguest = 2000
September = 2333
October = 2333
November = 2333 + 400 something for overtime (will get it by the end of this month before applying on 5Dec)
==========
Total = 19300 Plus , that makes 30 Points of earning

I have 30 Points of Graduation
20 Points of Age 30
5 Points of Uk Experience
ILETS with band 7

That makes total of 75 points.

But the thing that is creating doubt in my mind is i was paid salary of March in April (as it took time to get NI and then bank account) but it is not mentioned anywhere in salary slip and salary slip shows 4000 gross for April. and taking into account 4000 of April in total gross of last 8 months will give me 75 points.

I will be sending 2 proofs of earning that is salary slips and bank statment.

Am i in good shape or i am out of UK ? :(
My bow has been renewed

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:35 pm

Oh yes sorry for mistake.

With 10 Points of Age that still make total of 75.

What you guys think about my case.

Please suggest