ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change concerning funding-rule (naturalisation)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vladislav
Newly Registered

Change concerning funding-rule (naturalisation)

Post by vladislav » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 am

Hello

I have a question concerning the naturalisation.

As far as I remember it was said on the UKBA website,
that there is a kind of prerequisite for someone(EEA) who wants to be eligible for naturalisation.
The prerequisite is not having used some fundings or loans.

I cannot find that point on the UKBA website anymore.
Does it changed?

vladislav
Newly Registered

Post by vladislav » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:52 am

nobody?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Change concerning funding-rule (naturalisation)

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:09 am

vladislav wrote:Hello

I have a question concerning the naturalisation.

As far as I remember it was said on the UKBA website,
that there is a kind of prerequisite for someone(EEA) who wants to be eligible for naturalisation.
The prerequisite is not having used some fundings or loans.

I cannot find that point on the UKBA website anymore.
Does it changed?
With the minimal amount of information you have provided no-one can answer you.

zheni

Post by zheni » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 pm

I think what you may be referring to is rather the requirement for EEA nationals not to be an unreasonable burden to public funds. This is still on the website but under a different section.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:01 am

zheni wrote:I think what you may be referring to is rather the requirement for EEA nationals not to be an unreasonable burden to public funds. This is still on the website but under a different section.
It's hard to know without OP giving more info.

vladislav
Newly Registered

Post by vladislav » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 pm

zheni wrote:I think what you may be referring to is rather the requirement for EEA nationals not to be an unreasonable burden to public funds. This is still on the website but under a different section.

exactly, this is what I meant.

I found something on their website, but I am not sure If I understood it right.
May be some could help me.

There it is said:
EEA nationals who are in the UK as self-sufficient persons and students should be able to
support themselves without public funds. Such persons are only able to claim public funds
without losing their right of residence if they are able to demonstrate that they are not an
unreasonable burden on the state. To establish whether an EEA national is an unreasonable
burden on the state each case would need to be assessed on an individual basis. If the EEA
national is claiming public funds after having been in the UK for some time, the fact that s/he
had been self sufficient would be a factor in determining whether the burden is reasonable, as
would the length of time that s/he is likely to be in receipt of public funds. Although an EEA
national in this situation would be regarded as having a right of residence even though s/he was
in receipt of public funds, it would not be appropriate to issue him/her with a registration
certificate.

what does the bold mean?
Isn´t the registration certificate a very important dosument if you want to be naturalized?

zheni

Post by zheni » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 am

vladislav wrote:

exactly, this is what I meant.

I found something on their website, but I am not sure If I understood it right.
May be some could help me.

There it is said:
EEA nationals who are in the UK as self-sufficient persons and students should be able to
support themselves without public funds. Such persons are only able to claim public funds
without losing their right of residence if they are able to demonstrate that they are not an
unreasonable burden on the state. To establish whether an EEA national is an unreasonable
burden on the state each case would need to be assessed on an individual basis. If the EEA
national is claiming public funds after having been in the UK for some time, the fact that s/he
had been self sufficient would be a factor in determining whether the burden is reasonable, as
would the length of time that s/he is likely to be in receipt of public funds. Although an EEA
national in this situation would be regarded as having a right of residence even though s/he was
in receipt of public funds, it would not be appropriate to issue him/her with a registration
certificate.

what does the bold mean?
Isn´t the registration certificate a very important dosument if you want to be naturalized?
It means that UKBA should not issue a registration certificate in the first place to someone who relies on public funds but as an EU national they can still live in the UK.
The registration certificate is important for naturalisation purposes but it is also important to prove that you have been exercising your EU rights.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:00 am

No it's not. Documentations under the EEA regulations are optional. A residence card simply confirms the existence of a right, it does not confer a right.

One can apply for naturalisation without a RC. What is needed is to prove exercising treaty rights.

The bold section just highlights the EEA national who do not work should not totally rely on public funds.

vladislav
Newly Registered

Post by vladislav » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:16 am

Jambo wrote:
No it's not. Documentations under the EEA regulations are optional. A residence card simply confirms the existence of a right, it does not confer a right.

One can apply for naturalisation without a RC. What is needed is to prove exercising treaty rights.

The bold section just highlights the EEA national who do not work should not totally rely on public funds.

Hmm.
This is contrary to zhenis posting.
Unfortunetaly i don´t know what is wright and what not.

If I underdstand you right it is not important.
I found out that after 5 years a so called document certifying permanent residence is needed.
will this be given to someone who was using fundings during his study?

I just don´t get the sense of the registration certificate.
It is forbidden to be given to someone who used fundings.
But anyway the one can be naturalized.
so what is the deal about that registration certificate?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am

vladislav wrote:Hmm.
This is contrary to zhenis posting.
Unfortunetaly i don´t know what is wright and what not.
Maybe the UKBA website can help here.
Residence documents for European nationals wrote:Do you need to apply?

Under European law, you do not need to obtain documentation confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a national of a country in the EEA.
so what is the deal about that registration certificate?
What are you concerned about? Are you a student who receives funding? Then this is not considered public funds. Public funds are benefits.