ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship -illegitimate child- Mother Illegal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hinamalik
Newly Registered

British Citizenship -illegitimate child- Mother Illegal

Post by Hinamalik » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:02 am

Hi
I am asking this question on behalf of one of my friend. She is Jamaican came to this country in 1999. At the moment she is illegal i.e no immigration status. She has three children from three different fathers, she never got married to anyone of them. Out of three kids , one of the child who was born in 2005, his father is British Citizen, but as stated above she was never married to the guy.

the question is whether the child born in 2005 from a British father ( mother has no status) is able to obtain British citizenship?

They applied for childs passport but the application was refused in 2009 stating that the child was not born from a legitimate relationship. So can an expert throw some light on this issue, it is quite difficult to obtain advice on British Citizenship issue due to their complicated nature.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.