ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Enrollment in Belfast?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Biometrics Enrollment in Belfast?

Post by ashcarv » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:11 am

Hi everyone,

I've received my invitation for biometrics enrollment, which states that I must enroll my biometrics at a Post Office branch. I am based in Belfast - I visited the website to find the nearest PO branch that does biometrics enrollment, but apparently the only PO branches that do it are in England and Scotland. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this for me - do I have to travel to one of these places to get it done? I'll have to travel by plane, but since I don't have a passport, air travel will be difficult. Any suggestions? Thank you!

jen101
Newly Registered

Re: Biometrics Enrollment in Belfast?

Post by jen101 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 pm

ashcarv wrote:Hi everyone,

I've received my invitation for biometrics enrollment, which states that I must enroll my biometrics at a Post Office branch. I am based in Belfast - I visited the website to find the nearest PO branch that does biometrics enrollment, but apparently the only PO branches that do it are in England and Scotland. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this for me - do I have to travel to one of these places to get it done? I'll have to travel by plane, but since I don't have a passport, air travel will be difficult. Any suggestions? Thank you!
It seems unusual that you cannot make an appointment with the Belfast Public Enquiry Office to do your biometrics. It may be worth double-checking this.

It's also possible to fly within the UK without a passport. Several (but not all!) airlines will accept other forms of ID. I'm flying with Flybe in a fortnight whose policy is below:

http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/id_requirements.htm

manisankarmani

Re: Biometrics Enrollment in Belfast?

Post by manisankarmani » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 pm

ashcarv wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi,
I am from Belfast as well. Did you get a chance to see whether the City Center main Post Office got their Biometric Enrollment open?

Belfast City
12 - 16 Bridge Street
Belfast
County Antrim
BT1 1LT

Eariler it was mentioned, it will be open by 10th April.

Moreover, could you please let me what is the issue date mentioned in biometric letter?

Issue Date is different than the date you receive the Biometric Letter.