ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any experience applying EEA family permit in Oman?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aishaahmad
Newly Registered

Any experience applying EEA family permit in Oman?

Post by aishaahmad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I am haveing a question. I am a Dutch national, and I married in 2010 to a Pakistani. My Pakistani husband is right now liveing in Oman on a workvisa, where I am staying with him, renewing my tourist visa again again. As the migration rules in The Netherlands are unable to fit, we are thinking to moove to the UK.
One of my friends is already liveing in the UK with her Pakistani husband and we can stay with her in her house in start, till we find our own place. As we both are not currently liveing or working in The Uk. We still want to try to get him a visa to fly together with me to UK, where we will try to get a job.

( I already have made a few application and I am getting answer back that If I am living in Uk, they will like me to come to an intervieuw, but because it is far, and tickets just to fly over to attend an intervieuw are expensive, we want to see if there is any chance on succeeding in this case)

Does anyone have experience on applying an EEA family permit when nothing haveing work and OWN house yet in the Uk?

What are the documents which we need submit? My pasport, our marraige paper with an english translation ( do their need to be a recent legalisation on it or an old legalisation from Dutch embassy in Pakistan is enough?)
Do we need to provide our bankstatement or any proove of our stay in the UK?

( of course I need the application form, but its more then logical)

And does someone have experience about applying in Oman/ UAE and coutries which are useing a really strange kind of system for their workers. ( My husband is not haveing his own pasport, but just a residence card, as their sponsor are holding their pasport, till the date they are going back to Pakistan. What is way to handle our application? Do we need talk with his sponsor and fix his passport? Is there any idea how long this application will take?)

Please help me to get all the right informations together.....
Even though maybe you are not haveing answer on all questions, give me on answer on what you knows.

Thank you so much everyone for your time to read and answer my post.
I hope to hear/read from you soon.
Yours sincerely

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I've no experience of applying in Oman. Applying in Oman will be no different than anywhere else in the world.

You will need his passport to apply.

There's a whole bunch of guidance here, why don't you read that first.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Read the guidance (follow the links) first and you've questions come back.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64442

aishaahmad
Newly Registered

Re: Any experience applying EEA family permit in Oman?

Post by aishaahmad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:52 pm

aishaahmad wrote:Hello everyone,

I am haveing a question. I am a Dutch national, and I married in 2010 to a Pakistani. My Pakistani husband is right now liveing in Oman on a workvisa, where I am staying with him, renewing my tourist visa again again. As the migration rules in The Netherlands are unable to fit, we are thinking to moove to the UK.
One of my friends is already liveing in the UK with her Pakistani husband and we can stay with her in her house in start, till we find our own place. As we both are not currently liveing or working in The Uk. We still want to try to get him a visa to fly together with me to UK, where we will try to get a job.

( I already have made a few application and I am getting answer back that If I am living in Uk, they will like me to come to an intervieuw, but because it is far, and tickets just to fly over to attend an intervieuw are expensive, we want to see if there is any chance on succeeding in this case)

Does anyone have experience on applying an EEA family permit when nothing haveing work and OWN house yet in the Uk?

What are the documents which we need submit? My pasport, our marraige paper with an english translation ( do their need to be a recent legalisation on it or an old legalisation from Dutch embassy in Pakistan is enough?)
Do we need to provide our bankstatement or any proove of our stay in the UK?

( of course I need the application form, but its more then logical)

And does someone have experience about applying in Oman/ UAE and coutries which are useing a really strange kind of system for their workers. ( My husband is not haveing his own pasport, but just a residence card, as their sponsor are holding their pasport, till the date they are going back to Pakistan. What is way to handle our application? Do we need talk with his sponsor and fix his passport? Is there any idea how long this application will take?)

Please help me to get all the right informations together.....
Even though maybe you are not haveing answer on all questions, give me on answer on what you knows.

Thank you so much everyone for your time to read and answer my post.
I hope to hear/read from you soon.
Yours sincerely
Hello everyone,

I already read all the links and I already knows full Directive 2004/38 and its connecting Visalist 539/2001 and all the Directives and regulations. That this is my first post, didnt mean I dont know anything about the laws. I already have taken my husband with me once to Estonia on his old pasport, useing Directive 2004/38 so I knows what I am talking about.
Just matter is because the other time I was already haveing my residence card and all informations, I knows how it works. Matter is now that I am going to help him here with his application so we can fly together to Uk and finish my jobsearch there and hopefully get a job on time.
On the website from UKBA I CANT find my above questions anywhere...

Do my marraige papers need a recent legalisation or not??? Officialy just useing the Directive 2004/38 it isnt necessary, but I knows embassy dont always do what is asked from them. Better way is to double check before standing there, getting rejected and needing more time and money everywhere. All time which we need use extra is costing us money, so better way is to check it well.

Then my second question is, that do we need to proove my any workingcontract already or any bankstatement, BECAUSE I am not in the UK yet. Only thing I can give is the adress from my friend where we will stay.

Is there any idea how long an application for an EEA family permit usually takes? It is written an speed-up procedure, but how much it is, 1 day, 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, more any idea? As I cant find my answer on these questions, please help.

Matter is my toerist visa here expires on 11 April, it would be nice if we can fix his EEA family permit before this date, so we have no need renew my visa again, charging us all fees and works for this also again.

Thank you so much for time and help.
Yours sincerely

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Ok, better to ask specific questions and stop beating about the bush. Most of the information you seek is on the UKBA website.

Your marriage certificate needs to be translated into the English language by translator. It does not need to be translated (oops meant legalised)

No work contract or financial information required. No need to give an address in the UK. Key is to write a letter as part of application stating that you will be traveling together.

Family permits are given priority. There is information on UKBA website giving indicative timescales.

No guarantee that it would be ready by 11th April. You may find embassy is not functioning over the Easter break.
Last edited by EUsmileWEallsmile on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

aishaahmad
Newly Registered

Post by aishaahmad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:53 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Ok, better to ask specific questions and stop beating about the bush. Most of the information you seek is on the UKBA website.

Your marriage certificate needs to be translated into the English language by translator. It does not need to be translated.

No work contract or financial information required. No need to give an address in the UK. Key is to write a letter as part of application stating that you will be traveling together.

Family permits are given priority. There is information on UKBA website giving indicative timescales.

No guarantee that it would be ready by 11th April. You may find embassy is not functioning over the Easter break.
I think you have made a small mistake in typing. My question was if it need to be legalised on the embassy? I can understand it need to be in english, as they will not know urdu language well. For registering my marraige in Holland it was also necessary. We are already haveing old legalistation on it and also on the english translator.
It have been translated locally in Pakistan by the court. As they are haveing a standard document to make english translations. Will this be enough or does this legalisation need to be from an official Uk recognised translating office?
I hope you understand my question.

As I am not native English speaker, please tel me what means. Stop beating about the bush, I am sorry but I dont understand it.

The easter brake is just sunday and monday or it is a full week off? As I am not christen but muslim, I dont know the specific dates and on google its just giving 8 or 9 April... Is this right?

Thank you so much for your time and help.
Yours sincerely

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am

Sorry, for typo. Translated yes, legalised no. You can look UKBA Pakistan for marriage certificate requirements. It's for national UK law, but it will work for your purposes as well.

Stop beating about the bush simply means if you know lots already just ask the specific questions you have, not general ones. Otherwise you will get general answers.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 am

See link below on marriage certificates from Pakistan

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English#

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 am

What a lovely conversation between you two,, LOL

aishaahmad
Newly Registered

Post by aishaahmad » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 pm

spike_UK wrote:What a lovely conversation between you two,, LOL
What do you mean??

aishaahmad
Newly Registered

Post by aishaahmad » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:28 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:See link below on marriage certificates from Pakistan

I already have these stamps so hopefuly this will not be matter.

I was already reading the form to fill in for my husband's visa application.

Throughout the full document they are asking for all our financial informations. As far as I knows this visa is based on Directive 2004/38 and by an application based on this Directive 2004/38, only thing they are allowed to check if , whether your marriage is for real love purpose and not just for visa. Can someone explain me why is this written in document?
As in UK all applicationforms are based upon situation which you are applying for, it shouldnt be there.
Do I need answer irrelevant or what is best way to handle this?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Irrelevant nonsense.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

aishaahmad wrote:
What do you mean??
Just ignore it.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:49 pm

aishaahmad wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:See link below on marriage certificates from Pakistan

I already have these stamps so hopefuly this will not be matter.

I was already reading the form to fill in for my husband's visa application.

Throughout the full document they are asking for all our financial informations. As far as I knows this visa is based on Directive 2004/38 and by an application based on this Directive 2004/38, only thing they are allowed to check if , whether your marriage is for real love purpose and not just for visa. Can someone explain me why is this written in document?
As in UK all applicationforms are based upon situation which you are applying for, it shouldnt be there.
Do I need answer irrelevant or what is best way to handle this?
None of the financials are required for a relatively simple case such as yours - marriage.

The form is pretty old (Dec 2008) and is based on a similar one for spouses entering under the UK immigration rules and from a time when the UK insisted that applications from outside the EU had to satisfy their immigration rules. Don't worry too much about it. You can choose simply not to answer those questions.

aishaahmad
Newly Registered

Post by aishaahmad » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:58 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
None of the financials are required for a relatively simple case such as yours - marriage.

The form is pretty old (Dec 2008) and is based on a similar one for spouses entering under the UK immigration rules and from a time when the UK insisted that applications from outside the EU had to satisfy their immigration rules. Don't worry too much about it. You can choose simply not to answer those questions.
Thank you so much for your time and answers :) I will put an update about how our application is going later on. And if I have any more question while doing the application I will let you know. :) Thanks already for all :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Best of luck.