ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz help me £50000 rule for entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajamahmood85

Plz help me £50000 rule for entrepreneur visa

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 am

You have access to not less than £50,000 from:
1 or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
1 or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions listed as endorsed on the UK Trade and Investment website, or
1 or more UK government departments, which have made the funds available for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.

What this rule means?Do you need to borrow money from a venture firm? How can a venture firm give you money?

If someone has £150,000, can he apply for this Entrepreneure visa?

I mean I don't understand this £50000 funds rule for entrepreneure visa at all.

I really appreciate your tme and help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Plz help me £50000 rule for entrepreneur visa

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 am

What this rule means? Do you need to borrow money from a venture firm? Yes, if in relation to applying for this visa using the lower 50K threshold.

How can a venture firm give you money? Generally by providing a business plan that meets their particular requirements

If someone has £150,000, can he apply for this Entrepreneur visa? No

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:59 am

Lucapooka wrote:What this rule means? Do you need to borrow money from a venture firm? Yes, if in relation to applying for this visa using the lower 50K threshold.

How can a venture firm give you money? Generally by providing a business plan that meets their particular requirements

Thank you Lucapooka.

Can anyone borrow from a vanture firm?
What we have to do to borrow money from a Venture?

Do we borrow £50000 or £200,000 form a venture ? OR is the the balance we borrow which is £150,000 from a venture firm?

Can you please provide me some general information about this £50000 funding rule from a venture.
Home Office guidance is very specific and limited about this and it makes no sense to me.
I dont understand why would not Home Office allow someone who has £50000 in his account but they will allow someone who borrow £50000 from a venture firm, i dont get the logic.
Your help is much appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:08 pm

These are questions for your accountant. They are not immigration issues. All the UKBA need is confirmation on the money. How you qualify for the money is between you and the source. You won`t get 50K from a venture capital firm if you don`t have a business plan that they consider viable and falls within the scope of their area of professional interest. You don`t need a business plan if you are using 200K from another source. The threshold is lower because the conditions are more onerous. The business plan will have been professionally vetted, will be supervised, and is more likely to succeed. That is the difference.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Did you win your appeal?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#318147
rajamahmood85 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:What this rule means? Do you need to borrow money from a venture firm? Yes, if in relation to applying for this visa using the lower 50K threshold.

Thank you Lucapooka.

Can anyone borrow from a vanture firm?
What we have to do to borrow money from a Venture?

Do we borrow £50000 or £200,000 form a venture ? OR is the the balance we borrow which is £150,000 from a venture firm?

Can you please provide me some general information about this £50000 funding rule from a venture.
Home Office guidance is very specific and limited about this and it makes no sense to me.
I dont understand why would not Home Office allow someone who has £50000 in his account but they will allow someone who borrow £50000 from a venture firm, i dont get the logic.
Your help is much appreciated.