ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Migrant visa extension - Self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajaninanu

Tier 1 General Migrant visa extension - Self employed

Post by rajaninanu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi everybody,

Two years back it was with the help of this forum that I applied for my Tier 1 general migrant visa and was successful.
Now I am going to apply for the extension of it. And I am again in need of my forum friends :)

I am working here as both employed and self employed.
For my employed part I am working as a Physics lecturer in one of the colleges, which is only part time. I have registered myself as self employed with HMRC and I do tutorings at home. My problem is that all the income I got from my self employment doesnt reflect in my bank statements for the first few months of my claim period. Initially I had financial problems, so when I get fees from my students I used to spend it without depositing in the bank. But i have all the invoices with me.
I started my self employment in Feb 2011 and i have submitted my official tax returns for period 2010 - 11. Now what I have in hand is
1. For employed part - I shall show the payslips, employer's letter and bank statement.
2. For self employed part - I am applying in the month of May. so after 5th April I am going to pay my tax for the financial year2011 - 12. so I would have with me my official tax document, a chartered accountant statement and also the invoices and payment summaries. My invoices doent have the complete address of my clients, but I have a tuition register with me which has the home addresses, email id and contact numbers of all my clients, which I am planning to submit with my application.
Please could anyone guide me in this matter? Anything I need to change or check?
Please help me at your earliest convinience.
Many Thanks
Rajani

drkooper
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General Migrant visa extension - Self employed

Post by drkooper » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:24 pm

rajaninanu wrote:Hi everybody,

Two years back it was with the help of this forum that I applied for my Tier 1 general migrant visa and was successful.
Now I am going to apply for the extension of it. And I am again in need of my forum friends :)

I am working here as both employed and self employed.
For my employed part I am working as a Physics lecturer in one of the colleges, which is only part time. I have registered myself as self employed with HMRC and I do tutorings at home. My problem is that all the income I got from my self employment doesnt reflect in my bank statements for the first few months of my claim period. Initially I had financial problems, so when I get fees from my students I used to spend it without depositing in the bank. But i have all the invoices with me.
I started my self employment in Feb 2011 and i have submitted my official tax returns for period 2010 - 11. Now what I have in hand is
1. For employed part - I shall show the payslips, employer's letter and bank statement.
2. For self employed part - I am applying in the month of May. so after 5th April I am going to pay my tax for the financial year2011 - 12. so I would have with me my official tax document, a chartered accountant statement and also the invoices and payment summaries. My invoices doent have the complete address of my clients, but I have a tuition register with me which has the home addresses, email id and contact numbers of all my clients, which I am planning to submit with my application.
Please could anyone guide me in this matter? Anything I need to change or check?
Please help me at your earliest convinience.
Many Thanks
Rajani
Your bank statements are proof that the money was paid to you. So it needs to reflect. So there could be an issue with that. What, I would suggest though is that you can get a sort of agreement paper done by your students stating that they indeed took tutions from you with maybe their passport copy attached as proof of signature. Also, since you are partly self employed, further verification checks will be done so keep in touch with your students and if any change in their correspondence address, notify UKBA immediately.

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Thank you so much for your immediate response.

Just one doubt, doesnt my tax document show how much I earned? because in the UKBA website it says

"Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure

If you have worked in a self-employed capacity in your own business or company structure and have chosen to keep your earnings within the business or company, you could send:

business or company accounts that meet statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and
a letter from your accountant confirming the details in those accounts."
so as the section in bold, If I have chosen to keep the money with me, it would not reflect in my account. This is where I have doubt. So doesnt that mean for self employed Bank statement is not a must?
Please correct me if I have understood that wrong.

Thanks

drkooper
United Kingdom

Post by drkooper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 am

rajaninanu wrote:Thank you so much for your immediate response.

Just one doubt, doesnt my tax document show how much I earned? because in the UKBA website it says

"Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure

If you have worked in a self-employed capacity in your own business or company structure and have chosen to keep your earnings within the business or company, you could send:

business or company accounts that meet statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and
a letter from your accountant confirming the details in those accounts."
so as the section in bold, If I have chosen to keep the money with me, it would not reflect in my account. This is where I have doubt. So doesnt that mean for self employed Bank statement is not a must?
Please correct me if I have understood that wrong.

Thanks
I am quoTing from policy guidance
POINT 110.
The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed.
So, UKBA has no problems in you retaining your profit but they need 2 proof from different sources to confirm your earnings. Once it has reached your account you can spend in any way you deem fit.