ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No responsible adult found

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Somudro
Member of Standing

No responsible adult found

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 am

I received the bio-metric invitation letter for my 6 months child.

In Responsible field it says: "No responsible adult found" .

Note that I wrote my name in his application form as a responsible person and I am the main applicant. I signed his application form.

So
1)why HO wrote that?
2) Would it be any problem for biometric process in the post office?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: No responsible adult found

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:03 am

Somudro wrote:I received the bio-metric invitation letter for my 6 months child.

In Responsible field it says: "No responsible adult found" .

Note that I wrote my name in his application form as a responsible person and I am the main applicant. I signed his application form.

So
1)why HO wrote that?
2) Would it be any problem for biometric process in the post office?
I suggest you contact UKBA and question this. In case of minors, there should be associated responsible adult.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

any contact number for this?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:09 am

Somudro wrote:any contact number for this?
Should be somewhere in the letter? I did not get this as I went in at PEO. Worse come, try 08706067766 which is for UKBA and ask for their assistance with this.

Good Luck
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 am

Anyone faced this type of case, pls?

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 am

I called UKBA and one Lady told me to wait for another letter for my child. She is not sure whether they will issue new letters for me and my wife as well.

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Somudro wrote:I called UKBA and one Lady told me to wait for another letter for my child. She is not sure whether they will issue new letters for me and my wife as well.
Sorry to disappoint you but yes, you will have troubles to have your child's biometrics taken. I received the biometrics letter for my daughter with the same endorsement and the post office barcode reader wouldn't scan this barcode. I tried few PO branches and faced the same problem all the time. So, had to contact UKBA.
Best luck to both of us an all of those waiting

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:37 pm

In your case, what did you do for your daughter?

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 pm

I called them today and hopefully they will resend me a letter. It's all so confusing. I will call them tomorrow again just to make sure the inquiry has been made.

indespair

Post by indespair » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

They were telling me to book a PEO appointment but I said there were no slots available as PEO appointments will be withdrawn as of 1st of April. I had a feeling the lady I spoke to didn't know what she was doing

indespair

Post by indespair » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I have just received a biometrics letter for my daughter. My name is mentioned there this time. Let's hope it works. Somudro, hopefully you will receive yours too.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:16 pm

@indespair, what about your own letter? Did HO sent you new one for yourself as well along with your daughter? How long did it take to get new letter after calling UKBA?

I called again today just to be sure that they will send me the correct letter. The Laddy told me that the case has been raised yesterday. Yes, hopefully, I shall get the letter soon.

indespair

Post by indespair » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

No, they didn't send me a new letter. I had my biometrics taken on Saturday. So, there was no need to issue me a new letter. I only had a problem with my daughter's one.
I called them yesterday and raised the issue. They sent me a letter straight away and I received it today although it was a 2nd class mail. It was super fast. Let's just hope it works this time. You might be receiving yours today or tomorrow. :)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 pm

The another problem for my case is that there is no post office near me and I need to travel 2 hours to Bristol or Birmin. So I cannot justify the any invitation letter at PO.

indespair

Post by indespair » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Awww. sorry to hear that. Well at least you'll receive it, have the biometrics taken and that will be over. All the best to both of us!

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 pm

I got the same problem my child( 10 years old) and home office wrote "No responsible adult found" so which number i need to call ?
Please help.

indespair

Post by indespair » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Rubablu wrote:I got the same problem my child( 10 years old) and home office wrote "No responsible adult found" so which number i need to call ?
Please help.
Hi there
I called the number which was on the biometric letter. That's the only number you can get through. I think I went for the option "return documents.I believe it was option 2, but people here, please correct me if I am wrong. You must be ready to hold fpr some time but they will answer evenyually. I haven't got the number right now but will post it tomorrow if the needs be. Let me know if u can't find it