ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taught in english certificate from university

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

Taught in english certificate from university

Post by webhunter » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi all,

My question, if answered will be useful for many. 80% of the existing HSMP holders do have a university degree taught in english. However they will need to prove this for their extension. Ofcourse nobody wants to go through the pain of IELTS. So my question is.

What is the type (or format) of evidence that we need to submit to prove that our bachelors degree was indeed taught in english? If it is a letter from univerisity, what should the letter read?

Thanks.

inso

Re: Taught in english certificate from university

Post by inso » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:53 pm

webhunter wrote:If it is a letter from univerisity, what should the letter read?
This is precisely what the guidance notes specify -- its usually best to start by reading them --: A letter on University stationery, specifying your full names, course name and the fact that it was taught in English.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 pm

true, but is it a letter from University or the college where we graduated from.
I graduated from Osmania university in hyderabad,india. Do I need to get certificate from the university itself or the college xxx in which I studied my graduation?

if its university, then it would good..possible..

rely

Post by rely » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:18 am

webhunter wrote:Hi all,

My question, if answered will be useful for many. 80% of the existing HSMP holders do have a university degree taught in english. However they will need to prove this for their extension. Ofcourse nobody wants to go through the pain of IELTS. So my question is.

What is the type (or format) of evidence that we need to submit to prove that our bachelors degree was indeed taught in english? If it is a letter from univerisity, what should the letter read?

Thanks.
Go for IELTS , rest all people are referring is subjective.Getting 6 is very easy just be careful only for the LIstening part.Practice hard before going for this exam.
rely
rely

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:24 am

How long is an IELTS score valid for ?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 am

2 years.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:09 pm

comeon guys,

There is no need to go through the pain of IQE, if your bachelors degree was indeed taught in English. Since this letter is so silly ( unlike other job descriptions etc.,) it is an easier document to get from any University.

By the way, I just noticed on the back of my 'Transcript' the following statement ' Medium of instruction is english ' :-)

Just flip your transcripts. for all you know, it might be already mentioned in there.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:19 pm

webhunter,

u r lucky..thanks for sharing that with us...i need to go home and check my transscript aswell...i cross my fingers..i find something like that

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:25 pm

webhunter wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.
When I went for my naturalisation, I had to provide my degree as proof of knowledge of english.

They look for a degree / diploma with a proper "seal" on it...

Also DO NOT assume or jump to conclusions before the final rules etc have been drafted.

If you are still in doubt, then after 5th of December email / call the relevant dept to clear your doubts.