ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS ok for ILR dependent inside country application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sga10
Newly Registered

IELTS ok for ILR dependent inside country application

Post by sga10 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 am

Hi,
I have ILR granted recently my wife is on TIER 1 Dependent. I want to change her visa to ILR dependent.
Can we use her IELTS scores as english requirement and her score is 7 overall and do I have maintain certain amount of balance for the last three months.
My situation is i have maintained 800 plus from the last three months but final balance is around 1200-1300. Is this fund maintaince ok?
we are planing to go personal.
Please can you advise me as soon as possible.
Thanks

crb

Post by crb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:30 pm

score of 7 is well over the required 4....so its ok.as long as it hasn't expired ielts expires in two years....bank balance is not important, but your income is...show payslips for last 6 months or so. from both u and ur wife....and i believe but not sure that u are required to apply within 28days of u receiving ilr as after that your wife dependant visa will no longer be valid. and she will have to leave country and apply from outside......all the best...don't forget to show proper accomodation papers as well...

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: IELTS ok for ILR dependent inside country application

Post by Gregarious » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:43 pm

sga10 wrote:Hi,
I have ILR granted recently my wife is on TIER 1 Dependent. I want to change her visa to ILR dependent.
Can we use her IELTS scores as english requirement and her score is 7 overall and do I have maintain certain amount of balance for the last three months.
My situation is i have maintained 800 plus from the last three months but final balance is around 1200-1300. Is this fund maintaince ok?
Thanks
1. Your Wife fulfilled the requirement of english language.
2. Your savings are quite low. ECO requires weekly income of £105.95/week excluding taxes, bills etc. But it is necessary to be on safe side, your income as well as savings are countable.
3. You can go personal; actually I suggest to go personal rather than postal waiting for your turn and so on.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 am

Gregarious wrote:
Thanks
2. Your savings are quite low. ECO requires weekly income of £105.95/week excluding taxes, bills etc. But it is necessary to be on safe side, your income as well as savings are countable.
3. You can go personal; actually I suggest to go personal rather than postal waiting for your turn and so on.
have you got a reference for this income figure of £105.95? i read this somewhere before
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:04 am

aziqbal wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
Thanks
have you got a reference for this income figure of £105.95? i read this somewhere before
It is calculated one; I am sure about it.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:14 am

aziqbal wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
Thanks

this figure is based on the income support rate for a couple with no children.

Assuming you are working you need to show that after rent/mortgage and council tax are deducted from your income that you have at least the amount of a couple in receipt of benefits- i.e. £105.95 per week.

The maintenance requirement for leave as the spouse of a settled person is completely different that of a tier 1 dependent. It is not about having a set amount in your account for a specific period.