ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about EEA National family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matess
Newly Registered

Question about EEA National family member

Post by matess » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello everyone, i'm new here...i'd like to ask advice regarding this matter...i am married to an EEA National who lived here in UK for more than 40 years we just got married last 3rd of March 2012...i came here in UK in a 'fiancee visa'...my question is what will be my status if my fiancee visa will expired? because we haven't apply yet for my residence card...am i illegal or legal to stay here? i'm going to apply for residence card once all the needed documents are all complete...and maybe my fiancee visa is already expired the time i submit my application for residence card....hope you can help me with this....your advice is highly appreciated...thank you so much :) :?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:18 pm

If you are married, then you should in practice be fine.

Regardless of whether the fiance visa is expired or not.

If you had gone for the national route, then validity of your visa is required prior to application for spousal visa.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

matess
Newly Registered

Post by matess » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Obie wrote:If you are married, then you should in practice be fine.

Regardless of whether the fiance visa is expired or not.

If you had gone for the national route, then validity of your visa is required prior to application for spousal visa.
yes we are married and i'm a non eea national...thanks :D