ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for Tier 1 PSW Dependant after 06April2012

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a87m
- thin ice -

Maintenance funds for Tier 1 PSW Dependant after 06April2012

Post by a87m » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 pm

I am willing to apply for my dependant under Tier 1 Post Study Work. I was reading the policy guidance for PBS Dependants after 06 April 2012 and it states "If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself"

Now my question is I am on Tier 1 since March 2012 and before I was on Tier 4 General from Aug 2010, will my time period be considered on whole in Points based system or I have to be more than 12 months in Tier 1 PSW only to show £533?

It is very Confusing because it says more than 12 months in Tier 1!!!
other wise migrants in Tier 1 less than 12 months have to show £1600 for period of 90 days instead of £533.

It will be great If any body has the answer!!

htc_123
Pakistan

Re: Maintenance funds for Tier 1 PSW Dependant after 06April

Post by htc_123 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 pm

a87m wrote:I am willing to apply for my dependant under Tier 1 Post Study Work. I was reading the policy guidance for PBS Dependants after 06 April 2012 and it states "If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself"

Now my question is I am on Tier 1 since March 2012 and before I was on Tier 4 General from Aug 2010, will my time period be considered on whole in Points based system or I have to be more than 12 months in Tier 1 PSW only to show £533?

other wise migrants in Tier 1 less than 12 months have to show £1600 for period of 90 days instead of £533.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ntoffunds/

"If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the post-study worker must have £533 to support himself/herself."

As long as the main applicant has been in the UK for more that 12 months (legally) regardless of him/her being on tier 1/4 - In your case if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months you need to show 533 pounds.

Also have a look here : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 17a1775100

a87m
- thin ice -

Re: Maintenance funds for Tier 1 PSW Dependant after 06April

Post by a87m » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:53 pm

htc_123 wrote:
a87m wrote:I am willing to apply for my dependant under Tier 1 Post Study Work. I was reading the policy guidance for PBS Dependants after 06 April 2012 and it states "If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ntoffunds/
"If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the post-study worker must have £533 to support himself/herself."

As long as the main applicant has been in the UK for more that 12 months (legally) regardless of him/her being on tier 1/4 - In your case if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months you need to show 533 pounds.

Also have a look here : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?
t=74375&sid=58b2e6f8cece88fe6505b117a1775100
Thanks for the info but if you consider "policy guidance for dependants from 6 April 2012" on whole u will find the statement it is abiguios as it states if tier 1 migrant is in UK more than 12 months! Doesn't states that if migrant lived in any category of point based system more than 12 months!! Cause I know ukba always states confusing things and no body wants to get a refusal or appeal in the end! I would like the guru or the moderator opinion and advice on this! Plz respond !!!

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi,

i have been on a PSW since last may. I applied from India and hence have been here for less than 12 months i suppose? i will be applying for my spouse's PSW on 10th April from India.. i have 1800£ (in UK bank) and about 3000£ (in India). i am sure the amount is good enough for the maintenance. i am also currently employed and i will be providing the following documents. can someone suggest if i have missed anything and please advice me?

thanks
Bala

Documents:

1) Passport and Visa of self (copies attested)
2) Bank Statements from both UK and India for last 3 months
3) Tenancy Agreement
4) Payslips and letter of employement stating my package and also my address
5) Communication history (random pages from mails and phone bill for 2 months)
6) Marriage certificate and photographs from marriage
7) Marriage hall receipts and invitations

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

bharathbala2003 wrote:Hi,

i have been on a PSW since last may. I applied from India and hence have been here for less than 12 months i suppose? i will be applying for my spouse's PSW on 10th April from India.. i have 1800£ (in UK bank) and about 3000£ (in India). i am sure the amount is good enough for the maintenance. i am also currently employed and i will be providing the following documents. can someone suggest if i have missed anything and please advice me?

thanks
Bala

Documents:

3) Tenancy Agreement

Well I m on the same boat. I think the policy guidance doesn’t mention anything what you are describing. The things they require is that one must be a PSW migrant (copy of his/her passport & visa), bank statement covering 90 days and the more recent shouldn’t be no more than 31 days from the date of application and evidence confirming they are your dependants i.e. Marriage certificate etc.

I am also going to provide my employment contract. I think it is not necessary to provide the above as they are not in policy guidance.

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 pm

thanks
Bala

Documents:

3) Tenancy Agreement
Does my wife need to pass English Language test in order to apply for my dependant. I am on PSW.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:23 pm

No she doesnt
hham1224 wrote:

thanks
Bala

Documents:

3) Tenancy Agreement
Does my wife need to pass English Language test in order to apply for my dependant. I am on PSW.

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

hham1224 wrote:

thanks
Bala

Documents:

3) Tenancy Agreement

Well I m on the same boat. I think the policy guidance doesn’t mention anything what you are describing. The things they require is that one must be a PSW migrant (copy of his/her passport & visa), bank statement covering 90 days and the more recent shouldn’t be no more than 31 days from the date of application and evidence confirming they are your dependants i.e. Marriage certificate etc.

I am also going to provide my employment contract. I think it is not necessary to provide the above as they are not in policy guidance.

i know it is not stated in the UKBA but it is adviced to give. a couple of my friends got rejected because of lack of communication records.