ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabition Evidence for my wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanb00

Cohabition Evidence for my wife

Post by irfanb00 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:27 pm

We are in the process to apply for ILR in July12. I am married for more than 3 years and have been living together for nearly 3 years in the uk.

However except for a joint bank account (which we have held for more than 2 years), I do not have any other document to prove our co-habition. Is that sufficient enough?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Irfan

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

probably more than that. she should have an NHC medical card, some credit cards and/or some bills in her name and if she is living with you in a rented apartment then a council tax document in her name.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

She has an NHS medical card. Would that suffice along with our Joint bank account statement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi,
Any documents you have in either your name or your wife's name can be used as long as they go to the same address and span the FULL two years. It doesn't have to be in joint names but ideally you want at least 1 or 2 in joint names.
The caseworker asked me specifically for something in joint names for April 2010 and December 2011 for example, and I told her for December 2011 I had two different docs to each of us sent to the same address which corresponded with our tenancy agreement and council tax details and she accepted this.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
C.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 am

See also form SET(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.