ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hi

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nico2185
inactive

hi

Post by nico2185 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:04 pm

hello there can i ask some question I'm planning to get a solicitor about my status here in uk to speedy up my case and i check some in the net and call them there one called uk immigration barrister when i called them and talk about my case they said they can accept my case because not all the case they accept so they charge me 495 for everything from start to finish and they said no penny will ask for more thats the fix rate

question???
how will you know is they are genuine?
is 495 is not bad for them to charge from start to finish?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by zubby007 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 pm

nico2185 wrote:hello there can i ask some question I'm planning to get a solicitor about my status here in uk to speedy up my case and i check some in the net and call them there one called uk immigration barrister when i called them and talk about my case they said they can accept my case because not all the case they accept so they charge me 495 for everything from start to finish and they said no penny will ask for more thats the fix rate

question???
how will you know is they are genuine?
is 495 is not bad for them to charge from start to finish?
Hi Mate, you got to come up with something relevant.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:48 pm

nico2185 wrote:hello there can i ask some question...
Hi nico2185,

I recommend reading >>this<< first.

Rgds, Christian

nico2185
inactive

Post by nico2185 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:04 pm

sorry i don't what to do with the tread

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 am

Unless you have a very complicated case, there is usually no need for the help of a solicitor with applications under the EEA regulations.

Furthermore, many solicitors have little understanding of the EEA regulations which are far more generous than the UK national Immigration Rules.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:04 pm

No one can possibly advise you whether you need a solicitor or not given the tiny bit of information you gave. Some may charge a fixed price for a given piece of work, others will charge per hour.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi nico2185,
You should first give us an explanation of your situation otherwise no one can help you, besides I don't think you need to pay all that,,,,,
People in this forum have enough knowledge to make you put your case forward yourself.
All the best mate.

nico2185
inactive

Post by nico2185 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:38 pm

heres my full story

-i came here as student visa last september 2010
-i met met partner november 2010
-we apply for coa february 2011
-we received our documents back because that time the coa been abolished
-we enter civil partnership july 2011
-when i applied for eea2 residence card last august 2011 under self employment section after a month they return back all our documents requesting for more documents here are they asking for:
The UKBA has just returned the whole application stating that the documents are insufficient to consider his application. What they require is as follows:

- Recent evidence from HM Revenue and Customs that I am actively engaged as self-employed and registered for and paying tax and NI contributions;
- Evidence showing income earned such as bank statements and accountant letter (As I said before I have no income as I’m not trading yet);
- Invoices or customers testimonials in respect of work done;
- Evidence of advertising/promotion material.

Since then we didn't do something because we can't provide yet the documents they need for the meantime because our business is not yet trading.....were still fitting it...

Lat November24 2011 i received a letter regarding my student visa curtailment but i made an appeal and received it last January25 2012and the decision is:

THE APPEAL IS ALLOWED TO THE LIMITED EXTEND THAT ThE APPELANTS APPLICATION OUTSTANDING WITH THE RESPONDENT FOR A LAWFUL DECISION

When we called the First Tribunal they said i won the appeal i need to wait for 8weeks the home office will be the one will contact me about my status

But until now i haven't heard from them,,i already sent them a letter thru post 2 weeks ago no reply yet i already called them but they can't give me the exact answer question about the appeal i won....

Its 8 weeks now since i received the appeal i haven't received anything from them...

Ive been to Gloucester Law Center today,because my partner is been away for 3 months now,,,she's told me she help me to phone the first tribunal and home office they will represent me for they can follow up what is happening regarding my situation or appeal,,, she told me maybe it will take time for the home office to give there decision so its need to follow up,,because she told me i don't have the right status here in uk and my student visa is expired this july 2012,,she told if my partner back here in uk we need to start or business as soon as possible so i can apply for eea residence card,,and second option is to return back home on my expenses and apply back here as family member as soon as my partner business is trading thats the least i want to do,,,and she made a suggestion if i go with my partner in belguim and stay for 6 months i have a automatic residence permit,,,,

can you please give me some information I'm so depressed today

is the gloucester law centre is genuine that will help my case?
there one uk immigration barrister whose charging me 500 pounds for everything from start to finish do you think its worth it??or i will just spent it and suddenly nothing and they will still sent me back home ?what do you think i need to do?
anything that you give me an advice?
sorry its bit long hope you can help

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 am

nico2185 wrote:heres my full story

-i came here as student visa last september 2010
-i met met partner november 2010
-we apply for coa february 2011
-we received our documents back because that time the coa been abolished
-we enter civil partnership july 2011
-when i applied for eea2 residence card last august 2011 under self employment section after a month they return back all our documents requesting for more documents here are they asking for:
The UKBA has just returned the whole application stating that the documents are insufficient to consider his application. What they require is as follows:

- Recent evidence from HM Revenue and Customs that I am actively engaged as self-employed and registered for and paying tax and NI contributions;
- Evidence showing income earned such as bank statements and accountant letter (As I said before I have no income as I’m not trading yet);
- Invoices or customers testimonials in respect of work done;
- Evidence of advertising/promotion material.

Since then we didn't do something because we can't provide yet the documents they need for the meantime because our business is not yet trading.....were still fitting it...

Lat November24 2011 i received a letter regarding my student visa curtailment but i made an appeal and received it last January25 2012and the decision is:

THE APPEAL IS ALLOWED TO THE LIMITED EXTEND THAT ThE APPELANTS APPLICATION OUTSTANDING WITH THE RESPONDENT FOR A LAWFUL DECISION

When we called the First Tribunal they said i won the appeal i need to wait for 8weeks the home office will be the one will contact me about my status

But until now i haven't heard from them,,i already sent them a letter thru post 2 weeks ago no reply yet i already called them but they can't give me the exact answer question about the appeal i won....

Its 8 weeks now since i received the appeal i haven't received anything from them...

Ive been to Gloucester Law Center today,because my partner is been away for 3 months now,,,she's told me she help me to phone the first tribunal and home office they will represent me for they can follow up what is happening regarding my situation or appeal,,, she told me maybe it will take time for the home office to give there decision so its need to follow up,,because she told me i don't have the right status here in uk and my student visa is expired this july 2012,,she told if my partner back here in uk we need to start or business as soon as possible so i can apply for eea residence card,,and second option is to return back home on my expenses and apply back here as family member as soon as my partner business is trading thats the least i want to do,,,and she made a suggestion if i go with my partner in belguim and stay for 6 months i have a automatic residence permit,,,,

can you please give me some information I'm so depressed today

is the gloucester law centre is genuine that will help my case?
there one uk immigration barrister whose charging me 500 pounds for everything from start to finish do you think its worth it??or i will just spent it and suddenly nothing and they will still sent me back home ?what do you think i need to do?
anything that you give me an advice?
sorry its bit long hope you can help
Mate in my own opinion you need to seek for expert advice, all the best and good luck.