ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

photo unattested .... help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

photo unattested .... help please

Post by mehroozeb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello,
UKBA received my application for naturalisation on 17/01/2012. I forgot to get the photos signed at the back from my referee. does it make any diffeence, i am really worried. any info / advise will be appreciated
thanks

friend12345

Re: photo unattested .... help please

Post by friend12345 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 pm

mehroozeb wrote:Hello,
UKBA received my application for naturalisation on 17/01/2012. I forgot to get the photos signed at the back from my referee. does it make any diffeence, i am really worried. any info / advise will be appreciated
thanks
As far I know, photo doesn't need to be signed/attested, I sent my application on 8th March, they took my fees, and I have received acknowledgement letter over a week ago, wait for others to comment.

DEVONIAN

Re: photo unattested .... help please

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 am

friend12345 wrote:
mehroozeb wrote:Hello,
thanks
As far I know, photo doesn't need to be signed/attested, I sent my application on 8th March, they took my fees, and I have received acknowledgement letter over a week ago, wait for others to comment.

You only need two accredited/acceptable referees to complete and sign Section 5 of the form, and in doing so, they not only affirm that they are, under prescribed regulations, qualified to act as referees, but also, and more importantly (and this should detoxify and allay all your worries!), attest to the fact that the photograph attached to the AN or MN1 form is a true likeness of you — the applicant. So, none of them is required to sign the back of your passport photograph.