ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Person Application (Premium Service)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

palaremzi

In Person Application (Premium Service)

Post by palaremzi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:51 am

Could people please share their experiences... In the ILR section there are some very informative threads going through the whole in person application process; haven't seen any in here. I plan to apply (in person) for an extension in a few months time, and I was wondering whether you get to talk to the caseworker (as they seem to be doing in the ILR application).

I am a Turkish citizen, claimed Child Benefit *legally* since the UK and Turkey have reciprocal agreements. If I can get to talk to the caseworker I can bring this detail to his/her attention; otherwise I am somewhat afraid that this detail may be overlooked which may lead to rejection.

If people who used the premium service can share their experiences please.

Thanks

GB09

Post by GB09 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't think you can do a ILR application in person.

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:17 am

GB09 wrote:I don't think you can do a ILR application in person.
please see the ILR section of the forum. they do.

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:55 pm

no experience with in person applications?

doc44
- thin ice -

Re: In Person Application (Premium Service)

Post by doc44 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:56 pm

palaremzi wrote:Could people please share their experiences... In the ILR section there are some very informative threads going through the whole in person application process; haven't seen any in here. I plan to apply (in person) for an extension in a few months time, and I was wondering whether you get to talk to the caseworker (as they seem to be doing in the ILR application).

I am a Turkish citizen, claimed Child Benefit *legally* since the UK and Turkey have reciprocal agreements. If I can get to talk to the caseworker I can bring this detail to his/her attention; otherwise I am somewhat afraid that this detail may be overlooked which may lead to rejection.

If people who used the premium service can share their experiences please.

Hi,

My friend applied for ILR in person in Belfast. Case worker was friendly and had a good conversation. I am not sure about other centres or may be it varies from case worker to case worker.
By the way don't worry if Turkey has an agreement with UK, then you will be alright. You have not done anything wrong. All the best.

Thanks