ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics letter- out of time app & wrong title

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Biometrics letter- out of time app & wrong title

Post by AngieLynn09 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:44 am

Hey everyone, just received my biometrics letter after sending in an out of time flr(m). Two questions,
Does this mean they are treating my application as valid?
I filled out my paperwork as miss maidenname as my title to match all my docs, but my biometrics letter says mrs maiden name. Do I need to send for a new letter? Or does the title discrepancy not matter?
Thanks!

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: Biometrics letter- out of time app & wrong title

Post by Gregarious » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:14 am

AngieLynn09 wrote:Hey everyone, just received my biometrics letter after sending in an out of time flr(m). Two questions,
I filled out my paperwork as miss maidenname as my title to match all my docs, but my biometrics letter says mrs maiden name. Do I need to send for a new letter? Or does the title discrepancy not matter?
Thanks!
1. Yes, most probably, you are on the debit side of the Immigration matter.
2. I think so, it will be OK, but you should mention it while doing biometrics and double check it as well.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 am

Had the same issue with my wife's biometric letter where her name was correct but her title was incorrect. called the helpline and was advised that a new Letter will be sent out in the post and she should not provide biometrics using the current letter issued to her, so i would strongly suggest contact the helpline and confirm what to do, just to save yourself some time and further aggrevation.
AngieLynn09 wrote:Hey everyone, just received my biometrics letter after sending in an out of time flr(m). Two questions,
Thanks!

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am

bobobo wrote:Had the same issue with my wife's biometric letter where her name was correct but her title was incorrect. called the helpline and was advised that a new Letter will be sent out in the post and she should not provide biometrics using the current letter issued to her, so i would strongly suggest contact the helpline and confirm what to do, just to save yourself some time and further aggrevation.

Thanks for your reply and update
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

moon-sun
Newly Registered

Post by moon-sun » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks!
hi angie
i want to ask you something and i hope you will answer my question.
please would you tell me about your first application FLR M, when you made your first application and few weeks later you received the application back and they told you that is invalid application because you used an old version of form so did you receive biometric letter appointment before you receive your application back as invalid application or you didn't receive biometric letter appointement?
hope you will reply to me
thanks, hope all the best for you

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:34 am

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I ended up calling the helpline first thing yesterday. When I told the first person I talked to that it said Mrs. instead of Miss, she told me I needed a new letter and transferred me to someone to do that. I talked to that person, but this time mentioned that it was an FLR(M) and she said that it was fine to use it because they automatically change it to Mrs. because we're married. Looking back at all my other paperwork from UKBA, none of them include my title, so perhaps my application is filed under my name without a title so it doesn't matter? Anyways, used the original letter per her advice and did my biometrics yesterday, so I hope it comes through soon.

To answer the question about my original application, no. I did not receive my biometrics letter the first time. It was returned to me a month after I sent it marked as invalid.

Thanks!

moon-sun
Newly Registered

Post by moon-sun » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 pm

AngieLynn09 wrote:Thank you everyone for the replies.

I ended up calling the helpline first thing yesterday. When I told the first person I talked to that it said Mrs. instead of Miss, she told me I needed a new letter and transferred me to someone to do that. I talked to that person, but this time mentioned that it was an FLR(M) and she said that it was fine to use it because they automatically change it to Mrs. because we're married. Looking back at all my other paperwork from UKBA, none of them include my title, so perhaps my application is filed under my name without a title so it doesn't matter? Anyways, used the original letter per her advice and did my biometrics yesterday, so I hope it comes through soon.

To answer the question about my original application, no. I did not receive my biometrics letter the first time. It was returned to me a month after I sent it marked as invalid.

Thanks!

thanky you AngieLynn09 for replying me.
i applied for FLR (M) nearly 4 months a go and i have done my biometric 3 months a go and still waiting for my FLR.
hope all the best for you and for me and for everyone in this forum.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 pm

HO are so dis-organised, they told me something very different and stopped my Mrs from giving her Biometrics, now we have to wait for the New letter to arrive just becuase they got the darn title wrong, it is such a nightmare dealing with them.....
AngieLynn09 wrote:Thank you everyone for the replies.

Thanks!