ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i postpone my biometrics? For ILR purpose

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

globetrotter_ks

Can i postpone my biometrics? For ILR purpose

Post by globetrotter_ks » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am

Hi i was issued tier1 visas ( its 3+2 yrs ) in India on 17 Feb 2009 but i entered the UK on 6 Aug 2009 i.e late entry by 5 months and 20 days. Have applied for 1st extension on 16th feb 2012 and recvd biometrics letter dated 19 march saying that within 15 days i have to book appontment. Now for ILR it says that they will consider only if the applicants have entered the country within 3 months or else they will have to go for another extension which will cost me extra money later and stress. I checked the appointment dates on ukba website and appointments are available in brighton, birmingham ( out of london centres) for april 2012 end and may start.

Is it possible to book the appointment so late? will the UKBA question me that why i have booked it for a late date and out of london centre or why i did not go to the nearest post office in London?

I want to delay it so that incase if the outcome of my current application is late by 5 months and 20 days( as i entered the UK late) i will be benifitted and i wont have to go for another extension and can directly apply for ILR later. plss advice guys.