ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debit card payment for visa fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chim30

Debit card payment for visa fee

Post by chim30 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 am

Hi

I have applied my extension with my dependants last week and I opted for debit card payment for visa fees. I spoke to bank customer service and mentioned that there will be a large deduction by this week or week after and asked them to not to declined it. But their response is bit shocking. They have told it is an automated process, 50-50 chances of approving or declining the transaction and it seems they can't do anything with it. In case if it is declined they may call me to check & approve the transaction and this is also not 100% sure.

Do you guys think bank can't do anything with it? If it is declined, whether UKBA will inform us? Can any one faced similar issue?

Thanks

nadendla
Newly Registered

Post by nadendla » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

Which bank debit card is that ? I have spoke to HSBC and they have said its fine. Just call us on the day of transaction.

Regards
Subba.

chim30

Post by chim30 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 am

LloydsTSB

How do we know the actual date of transaction?

nadendla
Newly Registered

Post by nadendla » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am

chim30 wrote:LloydsTSB

How do we know the actual date of transaction?
Oh i thought of your application as in personal at PEO.

If it is by POST then as others suggest you can pay post order cheques etc if you have 50% of debit card transaction going through.

Regards
Subba

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Debit card payment for visa fee

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am

chim30 wrote:Hi

I have applied my extension with my dependants last week and I opted for debit card payment for visa fees. I spoke to bank customer service and mentioned that there will be a large deduction by this week or week after and asked them to not to declined it. But their response is bit shocking. They have told it is an automated process, 50-50 chances of approving or declining the transaction and it seems they can't do anything with it. In case if it is declined they may call me to check & approve the transaction and this is also not 100% sure.

Do you guys think bank can't do anything with it? If it is declined, whether UKBA will inform us? Can any one faced similar issue?

Thanks
There is a check in place but you can opt to get that lifted. I bank with Lloyds and got rid of the security check. My single transaction limit is £30,000 while paying online or using CVV number.

Call lloyds and say that one of your transactions was declined. Get the number for Fraud prevention unit (I think it is +44 (0) 1702 278 270). Talk to them and get the restriction removed. Tell them that an important transaction is going through, request a call back once the request is complete.

The transaction shows up nearly 2 days later but the difference between your balance and available balance will tell you if the transaction has gone through.

Hope that helps. :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Debit card payment for visa fee

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am

chim30 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Right here is how it works - While your bank have given you the shocking response, I can tell you one thing for sure, that you will not have any problem. When you make a call that has anything to do with security of your account, it gets logged and notes left under your account. When large payment been attempted by any authorities, they are checked against the databases of trusted Merchants. Homeoffice being one of the trusted merchant/vendor and your call notes to top it up would put that through without any glitches. Worse come, your transaction would be put on hold for manual approval from the Fraud Dept line manager and he would approve it. So take it easy.

BTW, how I know this? - I have very reliable insight, lets just say that :)

SO go easy, you will be fine :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

chim30

Post by chim30 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks for your positive responses.

I think the payment process is automated and they can't do anything in advance. If it is blocked (it happens randomly) then they should be able to unblock the transaction if we call them and approve.

In worst case, if the transaction blocked what would be UKBA reaction? Will they call us and inform about this?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:53 pm

chim30 wrote:Thanks for your positive responses.

I think the payment process is automated and they can't do anything in advance. If it is blocked (it happens randomly) then they should be able to unblock the transaction if we call them and approve.

In worst case, if the transaction blocked what would be UKBA reaction? Will they call us and inform about this?
They will reject the application if the payment doesn't go through.
Give me more Karma (+)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 pm

It does not work that way. Your transaction will never be Declined/Blocked (as you call it) if you have enough funds in your account. Bank will Accept the transaction Provisionally. That means, a message will be displayed on UKBA's Card Terminal asking them to contact 0870xxxxxx for manual authorisation. When they will call them, it would be processed.

I can not be any more specific than that, but hope it helps to calm your nerves down :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

chim30

Post by chim30 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks again raxs.

I am more concern about this because they have blocked my transaction while booking the flight tickets online couple of weeks back and then they have unblocked only after the security checks (they have asked more than 20 questions about me and my recent transactions). As I was aware of this issue I called them and sorted out but now the situation is different. Anyhow let me see how it goes as I think it is not in my hand to approve the transaction even though money belongs to me :).

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 pm

chim30 wrote:Thanks again raxs.

I am more concern about this because they have blocked my transaction while booking the flight tickets online couple of weeks back and then they have unblocked only after the security checks (they have asked more than 20 questions about me and my recent transactions). As I was aware of this issue I called them and sorted out but now the situation is different. Anyhow let me see how it goes as I think it is not in my hand to approve the transaction even though money belongs to me :).
Who were you booking this flight tickets through?

chim30

Post by chim30 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 am

Southall travel

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 am

Can not go into detail too much but let me clerify why that may have happened! When southall travel puts through your transaction, that would be classed or say processed as web based transaction and that have higher % fraud rates. Its different to the one in HO, they have payment gateways which works as if someone putting through the card details manually (just like if ur card did not work due to corrupted chip or damaged megnatic strip). And have lesser % of fraud chances.

That is as far as I can explain unfortunately. Keep an eye on your available balance (current balance+any overdraft) if it shows signs of variance you're on luck :) also, if it helps why don't you call the bank again and speak to someone who might be more helpful and explain things to you

Luck

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 am

raxs1983 wrote:

It does not work that way. Your transaction will never be Declined/Blocked (as you call it) if you have enough funds in your account. Bank will Accept the transaction Provisionally. That means, a message will be displayed on UKBA's Card Terminal asking them to contact 0870xxxxxx for manual authorisation. When they will call them, it would be processed.

I can not be any more specific than that, but hope it helps to calm your nerves down :)
if what you are saying is correct as is the same for all UK banks then I would suggest that UKBA does not call the 0870 or equivalent number for manual authorisation - as otherwise there wouldn't be the commonplace problem of card payments being denied and applications being rejected as invalid when the applicant had sufficient funds in the account.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:01 pm

@ Greenie - I could not agree any more however, I can not comment on how UKBA exercise their manual transaction' conversion. I have shared how in common practice the workflow will behave. I guess at the end of the day, it would be the person who is processing the payment who would either decide to pick up the stick and call the bank (processing companies) or mark it as rejected.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:07 pm

@ OP - Any update on your fees yet mate?

chim30

Post by chim30 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi raxs, They haven't deducted yet but I am calling the bank daily to check any transaction declined from bank's end.

I think I need to wait for one more week, till then I need to make a call and disturb the bank's customer service. No other choice...:)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

chim30 wrote:Hi raxs, They haven't deducted yet but I am calling the bank daily to check any transaction declined from bank's end.

I think I need to wait for one more week, till then I need to make a call and disturb the bank's customer service. No other choice...:)
Okie pokie.

Good Luck

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 am

chim30 wrote:Hi raxs, They haven't deducted yet but I am calling the bank daily to check any transaction declined from bank's end.

Any luck as yet mate?

chim30

Post by chim30 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 am

Not yet mate... I will update here as soon as the payment deducted from my account....

usman81

Post by usman81 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 pm

chim30 wrote:Not yet mate... I will update here as soon as the payment deducted from my account....
Chim, no need to worry, i applied on 19th, application received next day. I bank with Halifax and i got the same response as you but that's the standard reading they normally do for every call.

Look at other threads unedr Tier 1 (G) extensions, most applications made within last 3/4 weeks ahve same issue, why? because of PSW and insane fee increase from next month huge surge in number of applications has happened.

I agree with rax, ukba is a reliable vendor for banks and they do transactions on daily basis so nothing shouldgo wrong unless ukba makes a mistake themselves.

God knows best.

chim30

Post by chim30 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks Usman.

I called my bank just 10 minutes before and asked about declined transactions if any. As others mentioned there is a delay in payment deduction.

Usman, can you also update here as soon as the fee deducted from your account.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:07 pm

chim30 wrote:Thanks Usman.

I called my bank just 10 minutes before and asked about declined transactions if any. As others mentioned there is a delay in payment deduction.

Usman, can you also update here as soon as the fee deducted from your account.
There is no option but to call your bank regularly for your own peace of mind.

My credit card company keeps any payment instruction for only 48 hours and my payment was processed after 9 days of delivery. I called my bank regularly just to ensure that they do not decline.

chim30

Post by chim30 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Rax,

I think ukba deducted my visa fee as 'funds available' (i.e. actual balance-visa fee) is different from the actual balance.

Thanks

usman81

Post by usman81 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 am

same here, like many others in Tier 1(G) extension app... processing timeline post
chim30 wrote:Hi Rax,

I think ukba deducted my visa fee as 'funds available' (i.e. actual balance-visa fee) is different from the actual balance.

Thanks