ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poll - DAT1 for PBS applicants from Northern Ireland

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sts96508
Member of Standing

Poll - DAT1 for PBS applicants from Northern Ireland

Post by sts96508 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 pm

rajvam has posted in a separate thread that UK BA sent a letter asking to Complete the data protection subject access form(DAT1) a month after submitting biometrics. This is for people who stayed in NI.

But apparently not all applicants who stayed in northern ireland are asked to go through this extra check.

Calling for people to come forward with their own/friends' experiences about this to help determine the criteria home office uses to decide when to run this extra check.

Length of stay in NI should give a clue probably.

Thanks

doc44
- thin ice -

Re: Poll - DAT1 for T1 extn applicants from Northern Ireland

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 pm

sts96508 wrote:rajvam has posted in a separate thread that UK BA sent a letter asking to Complete the data protection subject access form(DAT1) a month after submitting biometrics. This is for people who stayed in NI.

But apparently not all applicants who stayed in northern ireland are asked to go through this extra check.

Calling for people to come forward with their own/friends' experiences about this to help determine the criteria home office uses to decide when to run this extra check.

Thanks
Ya thats true, I also got one 2 days after biometric invitation letter. I am in NI for about last 6 years now. Few others also got the same letter if they had lived in NI anytime during their stay in UK.

Two of my other friends living in NI did not get this letter. One applied for tier 2, 7 months ago, other one 2.5 years ago. May be it is new or may be for the people in UK inc. NI for more than 5 years. Both of my friends were in Uk for less than 5 years when they applied for tier 2. Others please share their experience.

However I don't think there is anything to worry about. :)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 pm

I got the same letter from UKBA. I was in NI for 3 years and moved out from NI to Mainland last year.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:24 pm

doc44 wrote:
sts96508 wrote:rajvam has posted in a separate thread that UK BA sent a letter asking to Complete the data protection subject access form(DAT1) a month after submitting biometrics. This is for people who stayed in NI.

Thanks
Ya thats true, I also got one 2 days after biometric invitation letter. I am in NI for about last 6 years now. Few others also got the same letter if they had lived in NI anytime during their stay in UK.

Two of my other friends living in NI did not get this letter. One applied for tier 2, 7 months ago, other one 2.5 years ago. May be it is new or may be for the people in UK inc. NI for more than 5 years. Both of my friends were in Uk for less than 5 years when they applied for tier 2. Others please share their experience.

I got my biometric letter on 20-Mar but have not received the DAT1 letter yet. My biometric appointment is on Apr-13,Belfast.

What exactly is asked to be done ? You fill up the DAT1 form and send to PSNI or UK BA ?

My length of stay in UK and NI is 9 months only

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:49 pm

sts96508 wrote:
doc44 wrote:

Thanks

I got my biometric letter on 20-Mar but have not received the DAT1 letter yet. My biometric appointment is on Apr-13,Belfast.

What exactly is asked to be done ? You fill up the DAT1 form and send to PSNI or UK BA ?

My length of stay in UK and NI is 9 months only
It was posted to PSNI with a permision letter allowing PSNI to send the results/certificate directly to UKBA in the brown envelope enclosed that was sent to me by UKBA. There was a fee of 10 pounds and I was told that it will take 2-3 weeks to process. I have no idea if you will get it or not, if not then lucky you :)

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 pm

thanks doc44 for the information. it helps a lot in making guesstimates about processing times. I read in another post that PSNI typically takes 12-14 days to run the checks and send results back to uk ba.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am

Part of DAT1 form.
2. Personal Data Sought
The police in Northern Ireland hold information relating to prosecution /conviction/caution history. If you require access to this type of information please indicate by ticking the box. I require access to prosecution/conviction/caution history:

Yes No

What should be the answer?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am

Somudro wrote:Part of DAT1 form.
2. Personal Data Sought
The police in Northern Ireland hold information relating to prosecution /conviction/caution history. If you require access to this type of information please indicate by ticking the box. I require access to prosecution/conviction/caution history:

Yes No

What should be the answer?
I would select Yes, because uk ba would be interested in your police record

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:13 pm

How do you write down 10 years residence address. I have about 5 different addresses. The form provides only one box.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Somudro wrote:How do you write down 10 years residence address. I have about 5 different addresses. The form provides only one box.
same as you do with extra info in your T1 application - in an extra sheet of paper

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 pm

sts96508 wrote:
Somudro wrote:How do you write down 10 years residence address. I have about 5 different addresses. The form provides only one box.
same as you do with extra info in your T1 application - in an extra sheet of paper
Hi,

It clearly states in UKBA letter. Select option 1 in section 2. Leave 2A and 2B blank. Secondly provide addresses on a separate sheet if short of space on the DAT1 form. Regards.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:16 pm

doc44 wrote:
sts96508 wrote:
Hi,

It clearly states in UKBA letter. Select option 1 in section 2. Leave 2A and 2B blank. Secondly provide addresses on a separate sheet if short of space on the DAT1 form. Regards.
glad to hear that. my common sense answers turned out to be spot on!

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 pm

In letter it says ' Please select first the option at section 2 part 1 of the form".

What does it mean?

Section 2A should only be requested if you have resided in England, Scotland and Wales outside Northern Ireland.
What does this mean?

Leave 2A and 2B blank?
why ?Letter does not say this.
If I am out of NI now, then what is the option?

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Somudro wrote:In letter it says ' Please select first the option at section 2 part 1 of the form".

What does it mean?

Section 2A should only be requested if you have resided in England, Scotland and Wales outside Northern Ireland.
What does this mean?

Leave 2A and 2B blank?
why ?Letter does not say this.
If I am out of NI now, then what is the option?
Ya you have resided in other parts of UK also so I have no idea how it will work for you. Better give a call to PSNI. My letter states clearly that select only the option 1 in section 2. I called PSNI to make sure. They were very helpful. Feel free to call PSNI. They know their job well and are really friendly and helpful.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:46 pm

In the letter it says' Submit your written authority for the results to be sent directly to this offic'.

Does this mean that I need to write a separate cover letter for this purpose to the DAT1 authority?.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Somudro wrote:In the letter it says' Submit your written authority for the results to be sent directly to this offic'.

Does this mean that I need to write a separate cover letter for this purpose to the DAT1 authority?.
you need to write a letter of authority permitting PSNI to send the results of the check to the uk ba office

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:51 pm

did u complete it?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Somudro wrote:did u complete it?
i have not been asked to fill up DAT1 yet

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:37 pm

@doc44, DID U COMPLETE?

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Somudro wrote:@doc44, DID U COMPLETE?
Ya i sent a covering letter with the DAT1 form allowing my personal consent to PSNI to deliver the results/certificate directly to UKBA in the brown envelope enclosed and addressed to UKBA. I signed and dated this authority letter. I hope will help.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

Hi all,

Called PSNI today. They are quite slow because of the work load and are taking 1 month at the moment to process the DAT1. I have to wait another 2 weeks. Please share the timeline if anyone has any info. Thanks.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 pm

doc44 wrote:Hi all,

Called PSNI today. They are quite slow because of the work load and are taking 1 month at the moment to process the DAT1. I have to wait another 2 weeks. Please share the timeline if anyone has any info. Thanks.

I sent the form but no response. Will PSNI send the acknowledgement letter to us?

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 am

Somudro wrote:
doc44 wrote:Hi all,

I sent the form but no response. Will PSNI send the acknowledgement letter to us?
No they don't send any acknowledgement. You can call them to confirm your application. They send the results directly to UKBA.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 am

Please update?

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 am

Somudro wrote:Please update?
Checked with PSNI today. They posted the result to HO on 3rd April 2012 exactly 2 weeks after posting the DAT1 form.