ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hasham11
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by hasham11 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 am

Hi,

I Started studying for my final part of ACCA in Jan 2011 and gave my final exams in Dec 2011. I got a certificate from ACCA on Feb 2012 stating that I have passed all the five papers I gave in 2011.

Now according to new rules coming on 6th April 2012:

You can only switch into Tier 2 if you meet the following criteria:
• you must have current leave which has not expired in one of the eligible categories
listed above; and
• you must have successfully completed and passed a UK recognised bachelor or
postgraduate degree, Postgraduate Certifcate in Education or Professional Graduate
Diploma of Education or have completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK
towards a UK PhD during your current period of leave or a period of continuous leave
which includes your last grant of leave; and
• you studied for the eligible award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed
body, or an education provider which holds a licence for sponsoring students under
Tier 4 of the Points-Based System; and
• you are applying from inside the UK.

Does my ACCA Certificate count towards this?

Also I have a UK Bachelors degree which was completed on June 2008.

Can someone please help me with this.

My visa is valid till 15th Oct 2012.

GB09

Post by GB09 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm

I think so. But you better check with a porfessional.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:27 pm

An acca certificate is not a UK recognised bachelor or postgraduate degree.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:12 pm

but I spoke to ACCA and they said that completing the ACCA Professional Level Papers (the final papers) is equivalent to a Masters, and I have completed the papers. Doesn't that make a difference?

There are loads of students in the UK who have completed their ACCA exams recently and would have jobs lined up but won't be able to switch, don't you think its a bit unfair!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 pm

The rules specifically state that a qualification equivalent to a degree that is not a degree will not meet the requirements. The point of these changes is to allow those who would have qualified for psw to switch into tier 2 instead - acca was not sufficient for psw.

You can apply for tier 2 but only from outside the UK- you would need a restricted cos and your employer would need to undertake the rlmt.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:56 pm

I have a UK Bachelors degree as well which was awarded in 2008, does that make things any easier?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 am

hasham11 wrote:I have a UK Bachelors degree as well which was awarded in 2008, does that make things any easier?
no because you did not complete the course in your most recent grant of leave.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:52 am

Greenie wrote:The rules specifically state that a qualification equivalent to a degree that is not a degree will not meet the requirements. The point of these changes is to allow those who would have qualified for psw to switch into tier 2 instead - acca was not sufficient for psw.

You can apply for tier 2 but only from outside the UK- you would need a restricted cos and your employer would need to undertake the rlmt.
Ok suppose I get the restricted COS after my employer has done the RLMT and I go abroad to apply for me Tier 2, does that break my 7 year continuous residency for the 10 year long residency rule?