ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BPR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marian2012

BPR

Post by Marian2012 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 am

Hello I hope someone can help with my question

Does someone knows how many weeks after the application you get the letter telling to book an appt to take the biometrics? .

(I'm waiting for that desperately as that will be a sign that they accepted my form as valid) .

Many thanks .

Marian.

bond123

Re: BPR

Post by bond123 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:07 am

Marian2012 wrote:Hello I hope someone can help with my question

Does someone knows how many weeks after the application you get the letter telling to book an appt to take the biometrics? .

(I'm waiting for that desperately as that will be a sign that they accepted my form as valid) .

Many thanks .

Marian.
I have applied on 3rd March 2012, payment deducted on 7th March 2012, acknowledgement letter received on 9th March, still waiting for letter to book an biometrics, whats your situation, when did you apply ?

Thanks

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:47 am

They received my letter on 8th March and got the acknowledgment letter some days after but as I did a mistake by putting the wrong front page ( from an expired form) the rest of the form is fine, I'm waiting the letter about BPR to confirm they accepted it as valid I wish that happen .

lupilu
Newly Registered

Post by lupilu » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:50 pm

hi , i applied on 10 march. acknowledgement letter and payment is done. waiting for brp letter. i have checked other type of applications (flr m, tier 1 genral) on this site and they are getting it in from 30 to 45 days after submitting their application. if any of u get it plz share the information.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:33 pm

If the first page of the form is incorrect then it shouldnt be an issue at all. The rest of the form should be the latest.

The biometric letter will be taken anyway. It has got nothing to do with with the result.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Keyrun wrote:If the first page of the form is incorrect then it shouldnt be an issue at all. The rest of the form should be the latest.

The biometric letter will be taken anyway. It has got nothing to do with with the result.
If the application were invalid due to the incorrect form, problem with fee etc, they would not send the biometric letter.

bond123

Post by bond123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 am

Greenie wrote:
Keyrun wrote:If the first page of the form is incorrect then it shouldnt be an issue at all. The rest of the form should be the latest.

If the application were invalid due to the incorrect form, problem with fee etc, they would not send the biometric letter.
Hi Greenie

My SET(O) form was correct and free paid was correct when applied on 03 March 2012. Acknowledgement letter received and payment deducted, but I have got little problem which I realised after all this happened.

When the new SET (O) VERSION 02/2012 forms were available on Home office website there was wrong information on the form and hence I completely missed SECTION 10. The below is the detail explanation.

After completing section 9 E1 the directive instructs to go to section 11 - documents. This was a WRONG information in SET (O) form VERSION 02/2012 I believe section 10 – Biometrics is a mandatory section for all applicants and hence I have filled out missed Section 10 and have attached with the letter on 15 March 2012 and sent via special delivery to LIVERPOOLE office with below details as its says in The ILR Guidance Notes

think one can supply more information even after applying. So if you think there is some correction required then one can inform UKBA after application.

17 CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED

If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to which you posted your application):

UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted, made
in person or delivered by courier
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.

Pls can you advise if it is correct course of action of do I need to do something else. I am still waiting for Biometric appointment letter.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bond123

Post by bond123 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:57 am

bond123 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Hi Greenie

My SET(O) form was correct and free paid was correct when applied on 03 March 2012. Acknowledgement letter received and payment deducted, but I have got little problem which I realised after all this happened.

When the new SET (O) VERSION 02/2012 forms were available on Home office website there was wrong information on the form and hence I completely missed SECTION 10. The below is the detail explanation.

After completing section 9 E1 the directive instructs to go to section 11 - documents. This was a WRONG information in SET (O) form VERSION 02/2012 I believe section 10 – Biometrics is a mandatory section for all applicants and hence I have filled out missed Section 10 and have attached with the letter on 15 March 2012 and sent via special delivery to LIVERPOOLE office with below details as its says in The ILR Guidance Notes

think one can supply more information even after applying. So if you think there is some correction required then one can inform UKBA after application.

17 CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED

If you need to contact us after you have applied, please do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to which you posted your application):

UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted, made
in person or delivered by courier
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.

Pls can you advise if it is correct course of action of do I need to do something else. I am still waiting for Biometric appointment letter.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Greenie, Please advise on this, thanks

chemike15
Newly Registered

Post by chemike15 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:31 pm

great day to all..

may i ask some questions regarding my ilr application using
SET(M) Version 02/2012? i applied last march 27, 2012 via the Settlement Checking Service, to have an assurance that my application is complete and i have paid the correct fee. But last night, when i was reviewing the copy of my application form, i found out that i missed to tick one of the mandatory questions regarding:

SECTION 6 - BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS
7. Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous United Kingdom immigration application made in the United Kingdom or abroad?
Yes - go to question 8
No - go to question 11

and under section 6, it is stated that:
It is mandatory to complete this section. If it is not complete, the application will be invalid and will be returned to you.

my visa will expire on 26 April 2012 and I am really worried about this, I haven't receive any acknowledgement letter at this point. Will my application be invalid? what will happen to the fee? Please.. can anyone advise me what the best thing to do?

thank u so much..

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:59 am

I guess SET (M) form has the same mistake as in SET (O) form.
I would give UKBA a call and see what they say.
More likely you can send the missing biometic pages of form duly filled in and send it back to UKBA once you get acknowledgement letter with a reference number, so that they can link new details you send.

Check on UKBA website for the address (I think it may even be on SET (M) guidance) where you send further documents after which you have send your application.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

chemike15
Newly Registered

Post by chemike15 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh thank u so much nnj10 ;") that's also what I'm planning to do but a bit hesitant, good thing u tell me about waiting for the acknowledgment letter w/ reference number.. Hope il receive my acknowledgment letter the soonest.

Ahmmm... May I ask another question, do u think its also ok to enclose additional docs for evidence of cohabitation (2 letters in my spouse name year 2010) and additional evidence of income (overtime payslips of my spouse)? Because during my appointment w/ the Settlement Checking Service, I feel like she's not that satisfied regarding these..

Big thanks to u again:)

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:37 pm

I see no harm in sending additional documents, as long as it is directly linked to your application
i.e. Do not send too many unrelated documents as that may delay outcome of application, due to further checks on these documents etc.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

chemike15
Newly Registered

Post by chemike15 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 am

Thank u again nnj10..
I'm happy coz I alrdy received my acknowledgment letter today, although it's dated march 30, at least I got it nw and I can send the section 6 & some docs tomorrow.. I hop everything will b ok nw.
Tnx and more power! :)

lupilu
Newly Registered

Post by lupilu » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:55 pm

hello has any on receive brp invitation after 29 for set m application? plz share information if someone has received.

UKwannabee

I applied March 1st - Biometrics letter rec'd 27th March 27

Post by UKwannabee » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

I sent off my application (SETM) on 1st March, 2012 - received acknowledgement letter on 7th of March , payment taken the same day.

I accidently used the old Set(M) form but on 27th March 2012 I received a letter stating I needed to get my Biometrics done and they included additional paperwork to fill out because I used the wrong form.

I went to the post office on 30th March and had my biometrics done, and sent off the additional paperwork overnight courier (to get there on the 31st by 1pm). The additional paperwork consisted of around 7 pages and I literally only had to fill out one section (one sentence really).

Still waiting for any other response from them....