ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: hi mates

Post by zubby007 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:praise be to god, finaly i recived my RD CARD today. my timeline down below eea1&eea2 2/11/2011 coa &eea1 recived 12/12/2011 then today 23/3/2012 i reicved my RD CARD my time to wait 4 month +21 days the date they issued the card was 23/2/2012 i applied as durable relationship. so i would like to thank all of you and wish the rest that waiting for the card to recived it as soon as , as i can feel what you feel , please if you would like to ask anything about my case ask i would love to help,

Congrats mate so they're now dealing with NOV. applications right?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 pm

zahirsona wrote:
Gubi2004 wrote:praise be to god, finaly i recived my RD CARD today. my timeline down below eea1&eea2 2/11/2011 coa &eea1 recived 12/12/2011 then today 23/3/2012 i reicved my RD CARD my time to wait 4 month +21 days the date they issued the card was 23/2/2012 i applied as durable relationship. so i would like to thank all of you and wish the rest that waiting for the card to recived it as soon as , as i can feel what you feel , please if you would like to ask anything about my case ask i would love to help,
Hi mite congratulation good news you got RC enjoy your life
Any update from January application

I guess they're dealing with Nov - Dec Applications.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 pm

most Nov applicants have got theirs according to people here

even early dec applicants got theirs so mid dec early jan should be next
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

aluter

Post by aluter » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Hey guys,

So i rang the HO about my application and the lady said, after the application is made, it goes through initail checks and should get my COA in a couple of weeks!!!! That will mean, I would have waited 2months before i get anything back!

Has this happened to someone here before??.

arghhhh....Thought my application was pretty straight forward, wasnt expecting this. :(

oh well

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:50 pm

aluter wrote:Hey guys,

So i rang the HO about my application and the lady said, after the application is made, it goes through initail checks and should get my COA in a couple of weeks!!!! That will mean, I would have waited 2months before i get anything back!

arghhhh....Thought my application was pretty straight forward, wasnt expecting this. :(

oh well
Mine came after 3 months. Hang in there, yours could be sooner. Cheers!

princess45
Newly Registered

Post by princess45 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Congrats and thank God for the good news. I curious about your case as I have applied for a RC as unmarried partner. Did you provide the 2years cohobitation evidences that they usually ask for. What documents didi you send.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Samelamin wrote:most Nov applicants have got theirs according to people here

even early dec applicants got theirs so mid dec early jan should be next

That's right mate, you can't wait, good luck to you

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:30 am

GLH2012 wrote:

oh well
GLH2012, how long did it take for them to issue your RC after they took forever with your COA?

thanks

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:34 am

Hi all,

This forum board is very useful and most of us who have received our RCs have in a way got advice and support from this board so thanks to everyone who has been contributing and giving advice on different topics.

Back to the point. One thing I have noticed as with so many cases, the cases we consider to be straightforward to us are normally not looked at in the same way by the UKBA. Then you get the odd cases which really look doubtful and UKBA finalises these as quickly as possible. So for everyone who is still waiting for their RC, am just advising you not to be complacent that your case is straight forward; just pray that you get good news however straight your case may look. Also when contacting HO, be as polite as possible but at the sametime precise and straight to the point. If anyone needs some help of how to draft an email to send to UKBA, private message me and am happy to help, ofcourse free of charge...lol

@Samelamin, I just pray that you get some good news soon coz you have been waiting for a while and am sure you submitted your application before me and yet I applied in January and got my RC 2-3 weeks ago.

Good Luck to everyone and we will still help out each other using this forum board.

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 am

heey Joy, your post was really nice. Thanks.

I dont plan to contact the HO anymore, just gonna wait and see what they will do.

But my case was, I met my husband in sept 2009, and we got married feb 2012 :D (after already living together for about 4months).

A day after the wedding, we sent off both the eea1/eea2 cos we plan to visit one of our friends in turkey in june, so every day counts when it comes to applying for the RC. Husband is working as a teacher and we had tendancy agreement and also countil tax, payslip, with our application.

While we were just dating , we went to visit his parents for 2 weeks in portugal (april 2011). for the rest of the time, we where always together as we lived in the same city.

I came here on a student visa in 2008 and my course is 5 years, so my visa only expires in oct 2013.

Everything to me looked alright until i sent off my application and it has been about 6 weeks and no reply. :( My husband, however said that I worry about everything!

However, I am just upset at how long it is taking them not cos they will refuse me a RC, so gonna have to learn to be patient 8)

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 pm

aluter wrote:heey Joy, your post was really nice. Thanks.

I dont plan to contact the HO anymore, just gonna wait and see what they will do.

But my case was, I met my husband in sept 2009, and we got married feb 2012 :D (after already living together for about 4months).

A day after the wedding, we sent off both the eea1/eea2 cos we plan to visit one of our friends in turkey in june, so every day counts when it comes to applying for the RC. Husband is working as a teacher and we had tendancy agreement and also countil tax, payslip, with our application.

While we were just dating , we went to visit his parents for 2 weeks in portugal (april 2011). for the rest of the time, we where always together as we lived in the same city.

I came here on a student visa in 2008 and my course is 5 years, so my visa only expires in oct 2013.

Everything to me looked alright until i sent off my application and it has been about 6 weeks and no reply. :( My husband, however said that I worry about everything!

However, I am just upset at how long it is taking them not cos they will refuse me a RC, so gonna have to learn to be patient 8)

Hi. well I can understand your fear towards the delay but we got to accept it since it's still within the limit, secondly in my own opinion I think sending your application to HO just a day after your wedding, just not the best date to do it. all the best and good luck

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:53 pm

[quote="GLH2012"][quote="aluter"]Hey guys,

oh well[/quote]Mine came after 3 months. Hang in there, yours could be sooner. Cheers![/quote]

How straight was yours, were you applied as married or unmarried?

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:03 pm

zubby007 wrote:
aluter wrote:heey Joy, your post was really nice. Thanks.

Hi. well I can understand your fear towards the delay but we got to accept it since it's still within the limit, secondly in my own opinion I think sending your application to HO just a day after your wedding, just not the best date to do it. all the best and good luck
Thanks zubby007 :D . If they decide to pick on the fact I send off my application a day after we got married, then that will be fun to read. If the worst came to the worst, We will just go ahead and make a 2nd application (thank goodness it is free 8) ) or take an appeal, and it will be nice to hear them proof against my wedding ( they will have to read over 2 years worth of text msgs and go through the same period of phone calls lol).

eea2raheem

EEA2 application 2012

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 pm

i applied for EEA2 RC on 29dec2011
i received COA on 20th Jan 2012
i sent email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
and they respond me
"According to our records, your application has been allocated to a team for consideration"

Please let me know if anyone know how long it will take to get RC.

Thanks
Abdul

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Re: EEA2 application 2012

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:04 pm

eea2raheem wrote:i applied for EEA2 RC on 29dec2011
and they respond me
"According to our records, your application has been allocated to a team for consideration"

Thanks
Abdul
Hello Abdul,

we have applied on 22nd of December and I've sent them e-mail yesterday re the status of the application. Guess what, we got the same answer as you.... But we thought it might take longer due to the amount of documents etc. (almost 5 kg encyclopaedia :) )

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:06 pm

[quote="eea2raheem"]i applied for EEA2 RC on 29dec2011
and they respond me

Thanks
Abdul[/

HO it's normally take 6months but most Application will deal with much more sooner, I hope

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:17 pm

and they respond me

Thanks
Abdul
Hi abdul, when did u send email ? and how is ur case, i mean u r married r civil partnership and is ur spouse working ? sorry for too many questions bro.

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 pm

athik wrote:
and they respond me

Thanks
Abdul
Hi abdul, when did u send email ? and how is ur case, i mean u r married r civil partnership and is ur spouse working ? sorry for too many questions bro.
i sent email today and i got reply within one hour.

yes i married to EEA national and she is working in UK.

all the best
Abdul

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:31 pm

aluter wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:

oh well
GLH2012, how long did it take for them to issue your RC after they took forever with your COA?

thanks
My COA was issued in February, i received it about a month ago, having applied in November. Still waiting for RC am afraid.

Gubi2004

Post by Gubi2004 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 pm

princess45 wrote:

Congrats and thank God for the good news. I curious about your case as I have applied for a RC as unmarried partner. Did you provide the 2years cohobitation evidences that they usually ask for. What documents didi you send.
no i didnt provied 2 years evedince as i been with my partner for 1 year only but we have a child together. and the document i sent was everything by join names pay slips, councel tax, work contract, tenancey agrement, gas bills. elec bill,
Eea1&eea2 2/11/2011 coa&eea1 recived 12/12/2011 rd card?????????????

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:
princess45 wrote:

no i didnt provied 2 years evedince as i been with my partner for 1 year only but we have a child together. and the document i sent was everything by join names pay slips, councel tax, work contract, tenancey agrement, gas bills. elec bill,
yes if you send evrything joint should be fine
Zkhan

tracycareless
Newly Registered

Post by tracycareless » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:27 pm

My husband applied for his EEA 2 on the 13th of October 2011. WE have sent 3 emails since this time asking for an update of his application. First reply was " your decision has been sent to the dispatch dept and should be with you in a few weeks" (jan'12), second response same as first and the last response was "when we have further info we will let you know".
The maximum waiting time of 6 months is up on the 13th April 2012 so guess we have to wait until then and see what they come up with next.

jheibaby
Newly Registered

Post by jheibaby » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm

tracycareless wrote:My husband applied for his EEA 2 on the 13th of October 2011. WE have sent 3 emails since this time asking for an update of his application. First reply was " your decision has been sent to the dispatch dept and should be with you in a few weeks" (jan'12), second response same as first and the last response was "when we have further info we will let you know".
The maximum waiting time of 6 months is up on the 13th April 2012 so guess we have to wait until then and see what they come up with next.
Hi, I don't mean this in any bad way but that's totally out of order. If they have told you that's it's in their dispatch dept. and should be with you in a few weeks, what was the third response for then? Like they pulled back?

I just hope that they're not giving people false hopes as that would be wrong. Have you tried giving them a call? Maybe you're better off speaking to someone directly. All the best.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 pm

tracycareless wrote:My husband applied for his EEA 2 on the 13th of October 2011. WE have sent 3 emails since this time asking for an update of his application. First reply was " your decision has been sent to the dispatch dept and should be with you in a few weeks" (jan'12), second response same as first and the last response was "when we have further info we will let you know".
It's almost like the old chestnut "the cheque's in the post". However, it would appear that a decision has been made. It would be interesting to see what date is on the residence card when it comes.

mexapp2012
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mexapp2012 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 am

joy2006 wrote:Hi everyone,

Got my package today from Post Office Depot and it was my PR;

My timeline has been;

- EEA4 Application sent: - 03 Jan 2012
- HO received it: - 04 Jan 2012
- COA received: - 20 Jan 2012 but dated 18 Jan 2012
- PR receieved 17 March 2012
- PR Issued 7 March 2012

Am happy and I can now go on my holiday in April as had planned.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting.....
Hi there...

Your application timeline gives me hope, but I was also hoping you could help with a couple of other questions I have...

I came to the UK in January as a marriage visitor, and got married to my EU National partner of 2 years on the 3rd of March. We submitted our EEA1 and EEA2 application on the 19th of March, and checked with the mail service who confirmed that it was delivered on the 20th.

I understand that I cant do much here in the UK until I receive any official documentation from Liverpool (by way of the COA, for eg.), so Im basically sat here twiddling my thumbs... My company is willing to transfer me to the UK office, but have asked for the COA or some sort of proof of residence and right to live and work in the UK. I'm also facing the same problem with opening a bank account, or getting a monthly mobile phone (or even a bloody gym membership). Everything seems to be dependent/conditional on one of the others existing, so it's quite frustrating.

Does anybody know if I can open a bank account anywhere as things currently stand? I spoke with HSBC with my passport before I actually turned in the application, but they later came back to tell me that they would need at least the COA, as well - maybe even the Residence Card stamp, before they could open a bank account for me. Am I allowed to work in the UK before I receive either the COA or the RC? Even if I am, it potentially leaves me with a pay cheque, but nowhere to deposit it...

Any sort of information/advice on how I can get on with my life here while I wait for the COA/RC would be very welcome...

Thanks...

PS - A couple of additional points. My job offer needs me to travel to Ireland as soon as I start. Assuming I get my COA by the end of April, I plan to ask for my passport back asap, and start working/open a bank account/etc...
I would then look to travel to Ireland as soon as I get my passport back, and I understand I would need to have my wife accompany me on the trip Dublin, by legal requirement, as I wouldnt have time to get a Schengen visa before the travel date.

We are then looking to travel to France on holiday in May. She is a French national (resident in the UK, of course, by virtue of living and working here). I understand that I will definitely need a Schengen visa to visit her country of citizenship, right?