ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration via London Embassy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Foreign Birth Registration via London Embassy

Post by BrightonJohn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi everyone

Has anyone applied for Irish Citizenship using the Foreign Birth Registration route from the London Embassy?

My Grandparents were born in Ireland and my parents (and I) were born in the UK, so to gain Irish Citizenship I have to obtain FBR.

I posted off all the relevant documentation to the London Embassay in early March. I was wondering how long everyone has had to wait for their FBR certificate to arrive?

I've heard it can take between 3 and 6 months, but as my cheque was cashed a couple of day ago, I was wondering if that was a sign that they are close to posting it out to me? Or can I still expect a bit of a wait?

Thanks in advance for any replies, I would love to hear any stories regarding the Embassy in London

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Anyone? :?:

Malika

Post by Malika » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:34 pm

BrightonJohn wrote:Anyone? :?:
Submitted my foreign birth register and got a letter with a reference number back on 16th January 2012. I'm trying to think positive though.. Have no alternative, cause if i didn't I'de probably go mad .

Know that they are probably working hard processing everyone's applications now, but I can't help but be nervous... Has many other people here submitted foreign birth registration or is everyone here mostly naturalization?

I think you and Sensitive soul (read above message in bold) should share share information on FBR though his/her application is in Canada.
Most people here are looking to be Naturalised or applying for Long term residency, Which requires/entails jumping through so many hoops!
:)
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Foreign Birth Registration via London Embassy

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 pm

BrightonJohn wrote:Hi everyone

Has anyone applied for Irish Citizenship using the Foreign Birth Registration route from the London Embassy?

My Grandparents were born in Ireland and my parents (and I) were born in the UK, so to gain Irish Citizenship I have to obtain FBR.

I posted off all the relevant documentation to the London Embassay in early March. I was wondering how long everyone has had to wait for their FBR certificate to arrive?

I've heard it can take between 3 and 6 months, but as my cheque was cashed a couple of day ago, I was wondering if that was a sign that they are close to posting it out to me? Or can I still expect a bit of a wait?

Thanks in advance for any replies, I would love to hear any stories regarding the Embassy in London
A cashed cheque sounds promising. I have no experience I'm afraid, but why don't you contact the embassy and ask for an indicative timeline.

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken to the Embassy on the phone, and they didn't give a timeline, so I guess I'll have to play the waiting game!

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Tue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

My Foreign Birth Registration arrived today! Now free to apply for a passport

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 pm

BrightonJohn wrote:My Foreign Birth Registration arrived today!
Three months then?

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
BrightonJohn wrote:My Foreign Birth Registration arrived today!
Three months then?
Yes, there or abouts. Been quoted as 4-6 weeks for the passport, so should hopefully be all up and running in 2 months time!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm

With or without the passport, you are Irish as soon as the certificate was issued. Good for you.

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks EUsmileWEallsmile :)