ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling off period: Tier 2 (Can anyone clarify)!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Cooling off period: Tier 2 (Can anyone clarify)!!

Post by plabo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:33 am

Hello

With regards to this statement:

"The government is also limiting the total amount of temporary leave that may be granted to a Tier 2 migrant to 6 years, Similarly a new ‘cooling-off period’ across all the Tier 2 routes will be enforced from April 6. Tier 2 migrants will need to wait for 12 months from the expiry of their previous visa before they may apply for a further Tier 2 visa."

I have been granted a 3 year (Tier 2) General Visa starting from this March. My 3 years will end in March 2015. Thus will I be able to apply for an extension of (Tier 2) for another 3 years WITHOUT going through the "Cooling off period" because this law is to be implemented from April 2016 onwards, is this right?

Can anyone clarify please.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

can someone please clarify this..

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

as per my understanding ,after three years cooling off period will not be applied. it will if someone do not go for settlement or fail to do so then he/she will have to leave the UK and he/she will not be able to reapply for tier 2 up to next 12 months (cool off period)
Khurram