ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens next?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bossanovaboy

What happens next?

Post by bossanovaboy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 pm

So my wife in Cuba has handed all the paper work in as of 22nd feb and I called the British consulate today and they said they have a decision and want her to come in tomorrow to tell her the decision.

So my questions are,

Will they tell her the fate of the application tomorrow? Is it normal not to tell the decision over the phone for a spousal visa? I am feeling crazy and cant sleep now haha. I am hoping they say yes so I can unpause my life!

Thanks .

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: What happens next?

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:08 pm

bossanovaboy wrote:So my wife in Cuba has handed all the paper work in as of 22nd feb and I called the British consulate today and they said they have a decision and want her to come in tomorrow to tell her the decision.

So my questions are,

Will they tell her the fate of the application tomorrow? Is it normal not to tell the decision over the phone for a spousal visa? I am feeling crazy and cant sleep now haha. I am hoping they say yes so I can unpause my life!

Thanks .
There might be a query; be ready for any situation. If there is a financial matter or any pending dues; asked them you can pay the entire amount as soon as possible. AND BEG THEM DO NOT REJECT/REFUSE MY APPLICATION.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm

The visa application fee was paid for when she handed in the papers. The man on the phone said the decision is ready and she just needs to go in. I know it's a little bit different in Cuba with the paperwork! I hope it's a yes :-)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: What happens next?

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Gregarious wrote:
bossanovaboy wrote:So my wife in Cuba has handed all the paper work in as of 22nd feb and I called the British consulate today and they said they have a decision and want her to come in tomorrow to tell her the decision.

So my questions are,

Thanks .
There might be a query; be ready for any situation. If there is a financial matter or any pending dues; asked them you can pay the entire amount as soon as possible. AND BEG THEM DO NOT REJECT/REFUSE MY APPLICATION.
they don't usually give an applicant the decision over the phone. They will hand her the decision when she attends (either the passport with the visa, or with the reasons for refusal).

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 pm

She got the visa!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

It starts from 20th April and I have booked her flight from 22nd April.

Thanks for the all help here over the last few years I could not have done this without you guys

Thanks! :-)

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 am

bossanovaboy wrote:She got the visa!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

It starts from 20th April and I have booked her flight from 22nd April.

Thanks for the all help here over the last few years I could not have done this without you guys

Thanks! :-)
Congratulations.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am

bossanovaboy wrote:Hi Everyone!

So my wifes visa application has been approved and she is coming here on the 22nd April ! :P

Can she work on this type of visa and how long does it take? She will have to apply for a National Insurance card im guessing.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 am

A spouse visa holder may work. She should apply for an NI number.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bossanovaboy

also...

Post by bossanovaboy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:14 am

thanks, i will get her to call them once she arrives.

can she travel on this type of visa? to countries like spain? france? or can she only visit the countries that her cuban passport entitles her to without having to be invited, i think in europe there are only a few like serbia, montenegro.

BigEasy

Re: also...

Post by BigEasy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 am

bossanovaboy wrote:thanks, i will get her to call them once she arrives.

can she travel on this type of visa? to countries like spain? france? or can she only visit the countries that her cuban passport entitles her to without having to be invited, i think in europe there are only a few like serbia, montenegro.
Congratulations. Yes, she can travel on holiday to Europe, etc., but will need to arrange visas beforehand, as she is not a European citizen. A letter of invitation isn't required if you can evidence it is a holiday (return flights, hotel booking, etc). I believe the requirement is that you must have more than 6 months remaining on the UK visa after the date you return from your holiday. Enjoy.