ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal application or PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yokie
Newly Registered

Postal application or PEO

Post by yokie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 pm

My initial grant visa expires in July 2012
Can I apply before April to avoid the big fees?

I want to apply by post to avoid paying the high same day fees, will it matter if I apply early.

Jim.

N2012

Post by N2012 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:16 pm

You may apply early, but bear in mind that the case worker might decide to grant you the extension from the date of processing the application and not from the date of expiry of your current visa. In such case you might find yourself short of time for ILR, which means you will have to make another application for extension, and only after that you will be eligible for ILR. This would mean that in the long run, you will pay more because you will have one more application to pay the fees for.

If you know you will have to apply for a second extension anyway (for example if you entered the UK too long after your initial approval) or if there's no way you can afford to pay the increased fee in June, then you probably have nothing to lose. Otherwise, it's up to you to decide whether you'd prefer to pay less now but more in three years, or vice versa.

In regards to Postal application or PEO, I don't think it matters but I think it will probably be difficult to find a PEO appointment early enough to avoid the higher fees, so I guess maybe the best thing could be to post the application in early April.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:39 pm

based on the information provided by other members on this forum, it seems like UKBA are currently taking between 8 to 12 weeks for a straight forward postal application where biometrics are provided soon. In my opinion, you may apply in the first week of april to avoid new fees. You may pay the fee by cheque which nomally takes a week to be cleared. Then when it comes to biometrics, you can book it in a PEO for a later date to cover the period you may miss in case your leave is granted from an earlier date. I think postal application will be the best option in your case

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm

This fee will be applicable from 6th April 2012.

Ensure that your application reaches UKBA before 6th. I would say, send the application on 30th March to ensure that you don't pay additional fee. There would definitely be a rush of applications before 6th of April.

You can pay normally either by credit/debit card, cheque/draft or postal order. Delay the biometric appointment by booking the appointment at a later date (at a PEO).

>>The only catch here is, if UKBA stops PEO appointments completely (by the end of April) and asks you to give Biometrics at a post office, you would be in trouble.
Give me more Karma (+)

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 pm

QuickSam wrote:The only catch here is, if UKBA stops PEO appointments completely (by the end of April) and asks you to give Biometrics at a post office, you would be in trouble.
Hi Sam,

Is this just your assumption or is their any documenting proof about it. Sorry for being ignorant, but I haven't came accross any news of PEO appointments closing down in future.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

longshift wrote:
Is this just your assumption or is their any documenting proof about it. Sorry for being ignorant, but I haven't came accross any news of PEO appointments closing down in future.
Its very likely that they stop biometrics registerations in PEOs for postal applicants as they are making the biometrics compulsory for most of the visa categories. They are also increasing the number of post office branches from 17 to 104 which will be operational from next month I suppose.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Families can give biometrics at PO now, biometrics at PEOs will close very soon for postal applications
Manka

kumarana

Biometric

Post by kumarana » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:37 am

Hi

I am in same situation my visa expires on June 17.According to home office no more PEO for biometric,So delaying tatics for biometric appointment may not work.Has any one got a clue how long we can dealy after we get a letter for biometric

nkanalyst

Post by nkanalyst » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am

Congrats for getting your extension.

Can you please tell me whom did you consult for your application? I mean you said you had immigration services. Also do they book an appointment for behalf of you?

Thank you,

NK.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:03 am

nkanalyst wrote:Congrats for getting your extension.

Can you please tell me whom did you consult for your application? I mean you said you had immigration services. Also do they book an appointment for behalf of you?

Thank you,

NK.
Please don't copy paste junk in these threads.
Give me more Karma (+)