ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays in Payment Deduction

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Delays in Payment Deduction

Post by ashdaone1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 am

Hi All,

Going by the timelines in the Tier1Extension Timelines thread, it seems, nobody who has sent their application in the last 2 weeks have had their payments deducted.

Obviously that would lead to further delays in biometrics and eventual returning of documents. Though it is not a matter of pnic, it is definitely a matter of concern for a few of us who require their documents sooner than later.

Of course, even the mighty UKBA cannot just presume that nobody has any plans or do not require their documents for 3 months.

Does anyone know the reasons behind this delay and what could be the anticipated revised timeline following this callous attitude from UKBA?

Thanks,
Ash

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 pm

No one can tell you the anticipated revised timelines other than UKBA themselves. The only reason I can think of for the delays is that there has been a surge in the number of applications due to everyone trying to get their application in before the fee rise in April.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:49 pm

HSMP- yes, I thought as much. Also the closure of PSW route might be an added factor.

Of course, UKBA does what it likes and takes its own sweet time. However, just trying to second guess and anticipate how long will this delay actually delay the process by. I need to travel in mid June and am trying to second guess or anticipate if that's possible. Cant wait till the last minute to finalise the plans, unfortunately. Will have to take calculates risks, you see.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 pm

As you rightly say, you might just have to take a calculated risk.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:58 pm

I think with opening the new post offices branches, it may reduce the burden on PEOs and they may start processing applications quicker.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 pm

I guess the number of applications will reduce after 5th April. :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I also think they are prioritising all olympics visa at the moment so there will be less staff to process the other categories.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 pm

QuickSam wrote:I guess the number of applications will reduce after 5th April. :lol:
P45 / Hairdryer time (Man Utd supporter will get this :) )
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

usman81

Post by usman81 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 am

Agreed with other remarks, its mainly PSW and insane fee increase has added to already high backlog.

My advice those who have travel plans, please be patient. There is no way ukba is going to be influenced and reduce the processing time.