ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it safe to use funds in account after applying?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moirareggie

Is it safe to use funds in account after applying?

Post by moirareggie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am

I applied on the 31st of January, received only a biometrics invitation 6 weeks later and I gave my biometrics in on the 23rd of March and wondering if it is safe to use the £800 in the account before I receive the biometrics card. Thanks.

EDIT: changed from applied 31st march to 31st Jan
Last edited by moirareggie on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobobo

Re: Is it safe to use funds in account after applying?

Post by bobobo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 am

I wouldnt take a chance, just incase things go pear shaped you might need the money in your account. Wait till you receive a letter confirming that application has been approved.
moirareggie wrote:I applied on the 31st of march, received only a biometrics invitation 6 weeks later and I gave my biometrics in on the 23rd of March and wondering if it is safe to use the £800 in the account before I receive the biometrics card. Thanks.

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 am

moirareggie wrote:I applied on the 31st of march, received only a biometrics invitation 6 weeks later and I gave my biometrics in on the 23rd of March and wondering if it is safe to use the £800 in the account before I receive the biometrics card. Thanks.
Better not to! I get my biometric letter I have even done my biometric, one month later I get my refusal letter!

So doing biometric does'nt guaranty you are safe! (According to my experience!)

breakingaway
Newly Registered

Jackson25-

Post by breakingaway » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Can I ask why your application was denied? Was it to do with lack of funds? I am sorry of this is too personal to answer. It may be helpful to others.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 pm

bobobo wrote:I wouldnt take a chance, just incase things go pear shaped you might need the money in your account. Wait till you receive a letter confirming that application has been approved.
thanks for the warning. that's the best option i guess.