ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sposoring parents to visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjiyani
Newly Registered

Sposoring parents to visit

Post by mjiyani » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi,

I am on tier 1 general visa. My visa is due to be renewed on 18th august for next two year extension. I would like to sponsor my parents for visiting UK. I wonder they will still get 6 months visa as my visa is less than 6 months.
Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks.

Manka10

Re: Sposoring parents to visit

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:55 pm

mjiyani wrote:Hi,

I am on tier 1 general visa. My visa is due to be renewed on 18th august for next two year extension. I would like to sponsor my parents for visiting UK. I wonder they will still get 6 months visa as my visa is less than 6 months.
Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks.
I believe they would still get a 6 month visitor visa, there has been a discussion on this topic in the past...do a search & you will find some more inputs
Manka

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:31 pm

They should get six months visa. My visa is expiring in early August and recently my parents got their visa from march till sept. just a point to note that the travel dates mentioned in their application was within my visa validity period. And they have travelled to UK before once.