ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice request for FLR(M)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veeraganesh
Newly Registered

Advice request for FLR(M)

Post by veeraganesh » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi
I recently got COA, can any one tell what we have to do at the register office as we already married in our religious way.We still need to marry infornt of the register or what we have to do.
After getting our marraige certificate i came to know that we need to apply for FLR(m).My girl firend got ILR with british overseas passport, but she doesnt have a job yet.What we have to show in this case to prove that i will not claim any publice funds.
Any one please repsond.
Thanx in advance

ppron747
inactive

Re: Advice request for FLR(M)

Post by ppron747 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:30 pm

veeraganesh wrote:Hi
I recently got COA, can any one tell what we have to do at the register office as we already married in our religious way.We still need to marry infornt of the register or what we have to do.

You will need to go through a civil marriage ceremony, which will then mean that you will be legally married in UK law
After getting our marraige certificate i came to know that we need to apply for FLR(m).My girl firend got ILR with british overseas passport, but she doesnt have a job yet.What we have to show in this case to prove that i will not claim any publice funds.
I hope someone else will be along to answer this part of the question. They may find it easier if you post details of your present immigration status. Also how long has your wife been in UK, and how long has she had ILR?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

veeraganesh
Newly Registered

Thanx for the reply.

Post by veeraganesh » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:09 am

I am on student status, my visa due to expiry on Jan 27 2007.My wife got ILR
7 to 8 months ago, and she is living in U.K about 3 years.