ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PSW while appeal is in process

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashu4ashu
Newly Registered

Post by ashu4ashu » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi..
I am enter in uk in tier 4 visa and my visa finish on 26th dec 2011 and i apply for my further leave in uk by applying for another course called CIMA on 24th dec and simultaneously I submit my dissertation in another college but mean time i got refusal and i filed appeal. Now I passed my dissertation. so how can i apply for PSW because i already lodge an appeal.how to withdraw an appeal and on same day i have to put up my PSW file or waiting for the appeal withdraw acknowledgement letter from tribunal court..

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Have you been awarded a degree? Passing the dessertation is not the same as being awarded the qualification. I would confirm this with your university before taking steps that cannot be reversed.

ashu4ashu
Newly Registered

Post by ashu4ashu » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 pm

quantum1 wrote:Have you been awarded a degree? Passing the dessertation is not the same as being awarded the qualification. I would confirm this with your university before taking steps that cannot be reversed.
I got d letter from my college which mention i successfully completed by MBA from university of Coventry and degree will be awarded in nov 2012.But the letter i got from college which mention all details of my course start date , end date ,my sponsor license number and my course name.

PSW WORRIES

Re: Applying for PSW while appeal is in process

Post by PSW WORRIES » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:20 pm

ashu4ashu wrote:
quantum1 wrote:Have you been awarded a degree? Passing the dessertation is not the same as being awarded the qualification. I would confirm this with your university before taking steps that cannot be reversed.
I got d letter from my college which mention i successfully completed by MBA from university of Coventry and degree will be awarded in nov 2012.But the letter i got from college which mention all details of my course start date , end date ,my sponsor license number and my course name.
By my understanding, you will only qualify for points if it states on your letter that you have been awarded the MBA, the date of the award also needs to be specified.

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

ashu4ashu wrote:
I suggest you dont apply with that letter, I did the same thing and I got my application refused, as homeoffice said they need my original msc certificate and the letter I provided which had a date on it for my award like yours was not accepted.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Being awarded a degree means that firstly you have passed the course and secondly the examination board has met and approved the award of said degree to you. A degree is essentially an abstract award. It can be confirmed by a letter from the institution or a degree certificate. Therefore either a letter of award or a degree certificate can be used with the home office. Just make sure you are not confusing passing the course with being awarded the degree because they are different.

PSW WORRIES

re

Post by PSW WORRIES » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:32 pm

we are derailing from the topic here Guys. Lets focus on the question being asked about applying for psw while appeal is in process

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: re

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:37 pm

PSW WORRIES wrote:we are derailing from the topic here Guys. Lets focus on the question being asked about applying for psw while appeal is in process
whether the OP has actually been awarded his degree and is therefore eligible to apply for PSW is completely relevent to the topic, as it he has not been, then there is no point him withdrawing his appeal.

ashu4ashu
Newly Registered

Post by ashu4ashu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 am

PSW WORRIES wrote:
ashu4ashu wrote:
By my understanding, you will only qualify for points if it states on your letter that you have been awarded the MBA, the date of the award also needs to be specified.
The letter which i got from my college which mention that :the student will receive an original certificate of award from coventry university by the end of NOV-2012, the letter also mention the award date :1 march 2012.
I also put my PSW file through solicitor , he also tell me your award date is quite far away so you need confirmation from university. I am so confused about this matter. please give me right information

ashu4ashu
Newly Registered

Post by ashu4ashu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 am

quantum1 wrote:Being awarded a degree means that firstly you have passed the course and secondly the examination board has met and approved the award of said degree to you. A degree is essentially an abstract award. It can be confirmed by a letter from the institution or a degree certificate. Therefore either a letter of award or a degree certificate can be used with the home office. Just make sure you are not confusing passing the course with being awarded the degree because they are different.
The letter which i got from my college which mention that :the student will receive an original certificate of award from coventry university by the end of NOV-2012, the letter also mention the award date :1 march 2012.
I also put my PSW file through solicitor , he also tell me your award date is quite far away so you need confirmation from university. I am so confused about this matter. please give me right information

PSW WORRIES

Post by PSW WORRIES » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:51 am

Please can somebody answer the question on the subject: CAN I APPLY FOR PSW WHILE APPEAL IS IN PROCESS? If now, what can be done.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 am

Well, if you have a letter from the University clearly stating that you have received the qualification and there is a date of award of that qualification then you can apply with that letter, your graduation date can be int he future, but as long as you have been awarded the qualification I dont see any issues, make sure the letter has all the relevant information required by the Home Office.
PSW WORRIES wrote:Please can somebody answer the question on the subject: CAN I APPLY FOR PSW WHILE APPEAL IS IN PROCESS? If now, what can be done.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:43 pm

If your letter says award date of 1 March 2012, you should be OK.