ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization papers

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marchiggins1
Newly Registered

naturalization papers

Post by marchiggins1 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:49 am

Hi, hope somone can help with a question.

My father got granted and recieved his naturalization papers about 6 years ago However, he found out 3 months ago when sending off papers to get a passport that he has lost his naturalization papers.we have looked everywhere in the house with no luck.
How hard to get replacements?
How long to get replacements?
has anybody heard of certified copyies of the papers, and if so how do we apply for them?

Hope someone out there can help us.
Any help would be awesome.
Marc

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:30 am

It should be possible to obtain a replacement - or a letter giving details of your father's naturalisation. You could browse around http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk to see if the procedure is explained there. Or, you could phone the Nationality Group Call Centre during the week, on 0845 010 5200.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:58 pm

... in addition to Paul's reply, if your father has lost his certificate of naturalisation, he will have to wait 10 years before he can apply for a fresh certificate to be issued... and he should report the loss so that the clock starts ticking.

See the full explanation on

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

copy/paste the above link into an internet explorer page, as the internet link is disconsidering "(copies)?view=Binary" - not sure why.

ps - I keep my naturalisation certificate very safe, as it is extremely difficult to get a replacement. I have also taken copies and certified them just in case. Being the paranoid person I am, I'm even considering keeping the original certificate in my local bank safe.

Best regards

Rogerio

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Thanks for that link, Rogerio.... Ten years, eh? Fortunately they're a bit freer with "Letters of Particulars", so it isn't great disaster... (I had a similar problem with a link the other day - I think the Board software doesn't like the brackets)

Did your copies come out OK? Certificates issued in the '80s and probably '90s had an "invisible ink" overprint, so that if you tried to photocopy them, the word FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE miraculously appeared all over the copy!
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:05 pm

Hey Paul, I did not get the "FAKE" bit on my copies, thankfully! It's just a straightforward copy which I got certified in my local solicitor. I'm sure it would not be accepted by the government, but at least it would make any claim I need to make more credible I guess.