ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee visa - Proof of sponsors accomodation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

am2999
Newly Registered

Fiancee visa - Proof of sponsors accomodation

Post by am2999 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:46 pm

Hi,
I just need some help another subject regarding applying for a fiancee visa.

As the sponsor I need to prove that I have accomodation for my fiancee and approval from the legal occupier (I think that's the terminology I read!). Currently I am living with my father but he neither rents nor owns the property.

I understand what I would need to do if he owned or rented the property but he lives in what is called a 'bede house'...AKA...'alms house' too. Basically it's a property owned or managed by a trusteeship where elderly people can live rent free if there is no other accomodation available.

So...my father neither owns nor rents...therefore I can't show a mortgage agreement or tenancy agreement either. Do I just need a letter from my father and the trustees of the property also...guaranteeing accomodation and allowing my fiancee to stay here?? I don't know if it would be a good idea..but..I thought of maybe getting a certified copy of the deeds of the house done to show that the trustees own the house. Maybe I am answering my own question here but I'd still like any help or tips if I can!

Just one other thing. I have visited her country and she has visited me here 3 times too...just on a 6 month visitor visa. She never mentioned at the immigration in the airport that she was visiting me (for obvious reasons...as it would have made them suspicious) when she entered the UK....would this effect the application for the fiancee visa?? I am sure she will be asked about her trips in the interview. Should I/we mention that she came to see me in any supporting evidence??

Well..that's enough I think! I look forward to any help from anyone who has already been through/going through this process..even from one of the moderators too! Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Andy

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:52 pm

To answer your last question, Andy, I would think that the more evidence of contact your fiancée can show, the better... I doubt that the Immigration Officer at the airport would have made a special note that she didn't mention you...

I don't know the answer to your question about what will be necessary as evidence of accommodation, but can you confirm that your father's house won't be overcrowded with the three of your there? It might be worth having a look at para 9.12 in this document on the UKVisas website. I mention it because you've said it's a bede house, and the only bede houses I've been in would certainly be regarded as overcrowded in terms of the Housing Act, with three people in them - in fact you'd need a shoehorn!
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

busubi

Post by busubi » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 pm

I would advise you to get your own accommodation such as a 1 bed-roomed flat to rent out whilst you make the visa application. As for evidence you'll need more than a couple of stamps in your passports. If you email each other, save them or print them out and obviously letters will come in handy too. Just out of interest where is your good lady from?