ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help required - Tier1 PSW Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bvp123
Newly Registered

Urgent help required - Tier1 PSW Dependant

Post by bvp123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi all,
I am currently on a Tier 1 PSW visa valid until 2014 and have been in the UK for 2 years now. My wife who is currently in India (Bangalore) now wishes to join me as a dependent.. A sudden confusion has now arisen on the maintenance funds required for her application.

Funds I have been maintaining is £533/-. Am I OK? Or do I need to show an extra £800, i.e £533 + £800 ?

Kindly help me out in confirming this at the earliest..means a lot..please..

Many thanks, Balu

tier1HS
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help required - Tier1 PSW Dependant

Post by tier1HS » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:28 pm

bvp123 wrote:Hi all,
I am currently on a Tier 1 PSW visa valid until 2014 and have been in the UK for 2 years now. My wife who is currently in India (Bangalore) now wishes to join me as a dependent.. A sudden confusion has now arisen on the maintenance funds required for her application.

Funds I have been maintaining is £533/-. Am I OK? Or do I need to show an extra £800, i.e £533 + £800 ?

Kindly help me out in confirming this at the earliest..means a lot..please..

Many thanks, Balu
It is 800 + 533

bvp123
Newly Registered

Please confirm.

Post by bvp123 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Tier1HS,
Many thanks for your instant reply.. I was wondering then if this post was wrong? Link below..kindly have a look

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62853

It says that if the dependent is applying separately from the main applicant, then the fund required is just £533? Confused!

:?: :?:

sahi
BANNED

Re: Please confirm.

Post by sahi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 pm

[quote="bvp123"]Hi Tier1HS,
Many thanks for your instant reply.. I was wondering then if this post was wrong? Link below..kindly have a look

It says that if the dependent is applying separately from the main applicant, then the fund required is just £533? Confused!

:?: :?:[/quote]
Hi,
That thread should be removed from the board as its old. where are the moderators now, please rectify this.
Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

sahi wrote:
bvp123 wrote:Hi Tier1HS,

Hi,
That thread should be removed from the board as its old. where are the moderators now, please rectify this.
Thanks
please refer to the relevant law if you believe this is wrong. If the main migrant is not applying at the same time as the dependent then there is no requirement in the rules for the main migrant to have £800 in addition to the £533
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixe/

sahi
BANNED

Post by sahi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Greenie wrote:
sahi wrote:
bvp123 wrote:Hi Tier1HS,

Hi,
Thanks
please refer to the relevant law if you believe this is wrong. If the main migrant is not applying at the same time as the dependent then there is no requirement in the rules for the main migrant to have £800 in addition to the £533
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixe/
What you think about this, its in the guidance.

As per the new guidance version 02/2012, page 10, paragraph 46 clearly states the money needed for showing maintenance fund.

"If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family."

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 am

it also says that in the old policy guidance. However, old or new, the policy guidance is not the law.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 am

Folks you might get different opinion from different people but what Greenie is saying is right. When the dependant is not applying with the main applicant, the dependant only needs to maintain £533 (or £600 from June).
Give me more Karma (+)

bvp123
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by bvp123 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks a lot guys.. I have confirmed this with UKBA and also the High Commission in Chennai.. there seems to be a confusion as it stands.. but for now they expect just the dependent funds of £533/-.

I will get back once the visa arrives (hopefully..) :)
Thanks once again..

Regards, Balu

bvp123
Newly Registered

Got the visa!

Post by bvp123 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:33 am

Dear all,

Thanks for your guidance & all help.. My wife has received her Tier1 general dependent visa 2 days back; 21st April 2012 (took 15 working days, Bangalore VFS).

Below are the list of docs submitted, if it would be helpful to someone:

1) My passport & visa copies
2) Fund maintenance letter (£533/- only)
3) Invitation letter original
4) Marriage certificate original
5) Couple of wedding pics
6) Employment letter copy
7) Previous 3 months salary slips copy
8) Accommodation contract letter copy - My contract had mentioned that only 1 person can reside, so booked a hotel for a week and attached along, just in case.

I think that is pretty much what you will need.. for a Tier 1 PSW dependent visa atleast.. The major confusion was regarding the maintenance funds.. Confirmed that you do NOT require to show your living funds of £800..Just the £533 for your wife..

Thanks a lot to this forum... :roll: :roll: