ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:57 pm

skrskr wrote:Applied 12th march 2012
Account debited 14th march 2012
Letter confirming application recieved 18th march 2012

i am looking for a letter to do my biometrics form....how long it will take to get letter from caseworker....any one who received letter can you tell how long it took please
I have received my biometric letter after one week.I applied on 29th February and they print out my letter on 07th March and I have received on 12th March and I registered on the same day at Earl's Court.
I met there one of the guy and I called him yesterday and he told me he received his documents on monday.
Most of my friends received their decisions within 3-4 weeks after their biometric enrolment.
SAMEER

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:02 pm

crb wrote:
sameer2012 wrote:hi guys
I applied for 10 years long residence on 29th February 2012.I registered my biometrics on 12th March 2012. One of my friend who registered his biometric on the same day(he applied for PSW) he called yesterday to the HO and they told him that they have already posted his documents.
I am hoping to get my documents back in this week.
I am going to call HO tomorrow about the update on my application.
Any suggestions?
let us know what they say......but its unlikely they will give u anything useful as it has only been lesss than 1month .....normally takes anywhere upto 6months...
mate I am sorry to say but once you enrolled your biometrics it wouldn't take so long.Normally maximum time is 14 weeks after bio metric enrolment but it takes maximum 3-4 weeks after your bio metrics.
I hope you understand now.
SAMEER

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

sameer2012 wrote:
crb wrote:
sameer2012 wrote:hi guys
I applied for 10 years long residence on 29th February 2012.I registered my biometrics on 12th March 2012. One of my friend who registered his biometric on the same day(he applied for PSW) he called yesterday to the HO and they told him that they have already posted his documents.
I am hoping to get my documents back in this week.
I am going to call HO tomorrow about the update on my application.
Any suggestions?
let us know what they say......but its unlikely they will give u anything useful as it has only been lesss than 1month .....normally takes anywhere upto 6months...
mate I am sorry to say but once you enrolled your biometrics it wouldn't take so long.Normally maximum time is 14 weeks after bio metric enrolment but it takes maximum 3-4 weeks after your bio metrics.
I hope you understand now.
Wel , we have to wait and see how long it's takes , those who apply in with biometric enrolment .

Miyazi

perry254
Newly Registered

Re: Lost Passport

Post by perry254 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 pm

shola wrote:
perry254 wrote:
shola wrote:Hi guys, I have being in this country since January 2002, unfortunately I lost my passport while on holiday in Africa last year, this made me stranded in Africa for just under 6 months. when i came back, i applied for 'subject access request' which i got in November last year. my question is will my ilr application be treated as straight forward or complicated ilr application i mean in term of processing time. I have always abide by all rules and regulations never out of time renewal. here is the detail of my application submission:

submitted on 20/12/2011
money taken 22/12/2011
acknowledged 23/12/2011
still waiting.........................

I submitted,

copies of previous granted visas
Subject access request
Police report of Lost Passport
Payslip
life in the UK test
obviously, my new passport

Can anyone tell what time i should roughly expect my passport back? Thanks.

Hi Shola, did you apply through a Solicitor or you did it yourself? Since u lost ur passport as well. I also lost my first passport , and idont know weather to use one or not please advice me ..

Thank you.

Hi Perry,

No solicitor mate, I apply on my own after seeking advise from a former home office caseworker. I am lucky enough to have scanned every single page of my lost old passport which showed all the prev visas. All the previous visas copies are attached and explained in a cover letter. All the visas are also covered in the SAR. so you need to apply for one well on-time before your submission.
Thanx for replying, i also have all my copies of previous visa, i will just follow ur advice,I have a feeling ur passort will arrive next week..all the best Shola,,God Bless

Zainy

wait................

Post by Zainy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

come on january guys give us good news :( .Nearly 10 week now its very hard to wait more

crb

Post by crb » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 pm

jan10th ....still waiting......did anyone receive their ilr in the past 7 days??

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

crb wrote:jan10th ....still waiting......did anyone receive their ilr in the past 7 days??
I'm in 27th week and still no response.....home office under resourced???

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:10 pm

nomibhai you should involve your mp to support and inquire about your application its been so long now.I wonder you are waiting so long,this is really sad,consult with someone who got experience that how to involve your MP.May GOD solve your problem and you get your ILR very soon.ameen.

brofash
Newly Registered

too much

Post by brofash » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:11 pm

nomibhai wrote:
crb wrote:jan10th ....still waiting......did anyone receive their ilr in the past 7 days??
I'm in 27th week and still no response.....home office under resourced???
nomibhai , i would say u should take an appointmnet with your local mp and meet him and demand help , this is out of order , ukba following australian immihgration system , they would never reach there standards, because they are run and operated by s@@m

brofash
Newly Registered

frustating

Post by brofash » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 pm

not one approval in last two weeks , not one from january ,
shola is still waiting from december , i guess we janaury applicants are due for long wait , feel like>>>>.

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Applied on 25th Jan... No good news yet.
waiting waiting ...getting frustration.

Zainy

college suspended

Post by Zainy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 pm

i applied on 10 years basis on 24th jan but my college is not anymore in the ukba sponsor list as it is removed from the list 3 weeks before.I am panic now does it make any difference and do i have to enrolled anywhere else in 60 days.Moderator or anyone else give me some suggestion what i should do now.

brofash
Newly Registered

Re: stop panicking

Post by brofash » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Zainy wrote:i applied on 10 years basis on 24th jan but my college is not anymore in the ukba sponsor list as it is removed from the list 3 weeks before.I am panic now does it make any difference and do i have to enrolled anywhere else in 60 days.Moderator or anyone else give me some suggestion what i should do now.
zainy stop panicking , your application is for the duration of 10 long years already done, what ever happens after that , its not in your hands,
and dont take any avesive actions, just be calm and patient , i know its hard as iam going through this but just trust in god and leave it to him

Zainy

Thanks

Post by Zainy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks brofash i hope that we will got our ILR very soon.inshaallah.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: college suspended

Post by Loveislovely » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:02 am

Zainy wrote:i applied on 10 years basis on 24th jan but my college is not anymore in the ukba sponsor list as it is removed from the list 3 weeks before.I am panic now does it make any difference and do i have to enrolled anywhere else in 60 days.Moderator or anyone else give me some suggestion what i should do now.

Hi Zainy!

I am like you, I worry easily, but I would suggest you try to stay calm, if they were going to disappoint you, I am sure they would have done so already, they are just being spiteful, I think sometimes they read the forum and get pleasure from our pain, but we have each other, and we will get through it, it maybe long, but not forever..... God bless.

Loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Zainy

THANKS

Post by Zainy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Loveislovely thanks for your support and kind words ,i hope we all will be out of this pain of waiting very soon.

brofash
Newly Registered

zainyyy

Post by brofash » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Zainy wrote:Loveislovely thanks for your support and kind words ,i hope we all will be out of this pain of waiting very soon.
what can i say zainy , we are modern day slaves for this country , i guess these ukba people read this website and laugh ,
frustated death in family cant go , had to send my wife alone , stress depression what not , so infuriated trust me,
zainy loveislovely shola , lets wait and seeeeeee
hope next week will be good

Zainy

SORRY

Post by Zainy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

I am really very sorry to hear a death in your family ,inshallah all problems will be solved very soon.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: zainyyy

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:38 pm

brofash wrote:
Zainy wrote:Loveislovely thanks for your support and kind words ,i hope we all will be out of this pain of waiting very soon.
what can i say zainy , we are modern day slaves for this country , i guess these ukba people read this website and laugh ,
frustated death in family cant go , had to send my wife alone , stress depression what not , so infuriated trust me,
zainy loveislovely shola , lets wait and seeeeeee
hope next week will be good
Brofash!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, having a death in the family, I hope HO will give you good news soon, so that you can be free of that stress, my heart goes out for you and the family, try to keep strong, better days are coming for sure.

God bless
Loveislovely

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: THANKS

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Zainy!

That's the main focus of this forum, each one help one, we need to be there for each other, united we stand, divided we fall, good luck again.

loveislovely

gordon1979
Newly Registered

ILR Application - 10 years

Post by gordon1979 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi guys
I totally understand all of the frustrations vented in this post.
I submitted my docs 1st week of Feb, 2012 and still waiting.
However, on reading this post over the past few days, I learnt that a SAR is required when applying for a ILR - 10 years?

Is this compulsory? Do I really need to submit a SAR with my application?

What if I didn't? Can I apply for it now and submit it separately? Or should I wait for any correspondence from the Home Office before I submit the SAR?

Many thanks all. And all the best to you all.

Best
Gordon

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: ILR Application - 10 years

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 pm

[quote="gordon1979"]Hi guys
I totally understand all of the frustrations vented in this post.
I submitted my docs 1st week of Feb, 2012 and still waiting.
However, on reading this post over the past few days, I learnt that a SAR is required when applying for a ILR - 10 years?

Is this compulsory? Do I really need to submit a SAR with my application?

What if I didn't? Can I apply for it now and submit it separately? Or should I wait for any correspondence from the Home Office before I submit the SAR?

Many thanks all. And all the best to you all

Hi Gordon1979!

I do not think SAR is compulsory, I have known someone who applied without it and receive ILR, I also applied without it, but I am still waiting, I am hoping that all will go smoothly for us, I think you should try to relax and wait on them, if you apply for SAR now,I heard it may take up to three months, by then your passport should be back, good luck and keep strong.

Loveislovely

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Helloooooooooooooooo!

What's been happening these days?????????? No news? It looks like UKBA is on strike, where 10 years lawful residency is concern, it is a pity, they are moving this slow, with OLYMPIC around the corner, and they are moving at this pace, God knows what will happen when a few months down the line, when they will be getting loads of people coming in, and wishing to extend their stay here, how will they manage our application plus the expected ones to face them? Can someone give us some good news?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Loveislovely

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Everyone!

Can someone serious say that no one on this forum has received there ILR. since last week? It seems like the HO is planning to send out a big batch of passport at once, I think we should be getting some good news by the end of this week, fingers cross.

Loveislovely

perry254
Newly Registered

Post by perry254 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:45 am

Loveislovely wrote:Hi Everyone!

Can someone serious say that no one on this forum has received there ILR. since last week? It seems like the HO is planning to send out a big batch of passport at once, I think we should be getting some good news by the end of this week, fingers cross.

Loveislovely
Stop stressing yourself my dear, expect ur passport end of May. u got along way to go...Some december people havent gotten their passort yet.