ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success in Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NaniHari
Newly Registered

ILR Success in Croydon

Post by NaniHari » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 am

Would like to thanks evrybody here who are contributing .. Information is vital and very helpful in these forums.

Would like to share my experience at Croydon, yesterday. My ILR ( 5 years= WP + Tier-1 + Extension ) + dependant , my wife application was successful.

Our appointment was at 8am but reached the HO by 9am due to bad trafiic on M3 & M25 & M23 .

Fortunately, nobody did ask why we are late, instead they did simply allowed us to proceede further to a counter.

Step 1 : A kind lady at the counter ( Ground flr ) did ask for our passports, BRP card & the application. After couple of minutes she did give us a token and aksed to proceed to 1st flour for payment.

Step 2: Made the payment at the counter and waited for 45 mins for Biometrics. Please note: We need to give Biometric even if u had in the past.

Step 3: Wqaited for another 30 mins after bio-metric, a lady at a counter collected all the relevant documentation and instrcuted that " the application process takes about 2 hrs. So I can go out if u want or wait in the waiting area"

Step 4: exactly 2hrs later, got a call from a counter where it not suppose to come. The CW did ask for more documentation related to my initial WP employment. I had P45 & P60's of all my employments. She told me that " It saved your life otherwise I was almost rejecting your application" . I have given P45 of the 1st employment. She did ask me to provide any other documentation which supports ur employment in last 5 years. Then I have given the remaining P45/P60 , Payslips & my business accounts reports.

Step5: After 1hr waiting, got call from a counter where it supposed to come and the news was +ve. The guy told me that the application successful and the BRP cards of both will follow in post in 7 days.

As per my experiance, would like to suggest the below :

1) Travel: If u driving to Crodon, PEO, please make sure that u start well in advance otherwise it's very difficult in the morning(peak) times otherwise go by trian.

2) Regarding employmnet : Make sure u got relevant documents which covers all your 5 years of employment history. by looking at some of our friends experience in this forum, depends on the CW. Some CW may ask for all 5 years history and some may be concernd about just last 12 months. So be safer side.

Thant's it.

Thanks once again ...

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Can others pls comment on this:

1. Having a letter from HMRC is sufficient to have instead of having P60s.

2. Having P45s is not a requirement.

I am a bit concerned by the original post, which says that the Case Worker would have rejected the application if the P60 and P45 were not available.

NaniHari
Newly Registered

Post by NaniHari » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:31 pm

chosenaik wrote:Can others pls comment on this:

I am a bit concerned by the original post, which says that the Case Worker would have rejected the application if the P60 and P45 were not available.
Hi chosenaik,

1) Sorry, I am not sure about " a letter from HMRC as an alternative for P45/P60" but some of other threads in this forum mentioned as OK. So please go through other forums and also better to check with HMRC too.

2) Sorry if the information mentioned in my orginal post at Step 4 is confusing you. CW didn't ask for P45/P60 strightaway, instead she did ask me any relevant documents for that employment. When I showed my P45 of that employment then she did mention that " it saved my life". It means she was happy with P45.

So she doesn't mean that P45 is compulsary. I think any other documents like payslips or a emplyer letter will be ok but not sure. It's totally depends on the CW what they are after.

Hope my explantion may help you.

Thanks

amit.pancholi
Newly Registered

Post by amit.pancholi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:43 pm

NaniHari wrote:

Hi chosenaik,

1) Sorry, I am not sure about " a letter from HMRC as an alternative for P45/P60" but some of other threads in this forum mentioned as OK. So please go through other forums and also better to check with HMRC too.

2) Sorry if the information mentioned in my orginal post at Step 4 is confusing you. CW didn't ask for P45/P60 strightaway, instead she did ask me any relevant documents for that employment. When I showed my P45 of that employment then she did mention that " it saved my life". It means she was happy with P45.

So she doesn't mean that P45 is compulsary. I think any other documents like payslips or a emplyer letter will be ok but not sure. It's totally depends on the CW what they are after.

Thanks
Could you please let us know, whether she raised any questions with your earnings? was it same in all the five years? Did you claim same point as you claim while getting Tier 1 And again in Extension Last year

Thank you

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Amit
From the original post by Nari, it looks like they asked for evidence that they met the relevant requirements whilst on work permit "i.e. employed with sponsor at the time of work permit" as per the clause in SET0 page 42:
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.
I dont think they queried it for earning purposes.

amit.pancholi
Newly Registered

Post by amit.pancholi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am

I guess so. each caseworker is different, makes applicant confused

NaniHari
Newly Registered

Post by NaniHari » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:06 pm

amit.pancholi wrote:
NaniHari wrote:

Hi chosenaik,

Thanks
Could you please let us know, whether she raised any questions with your earnings? was it same in all the five years? Did you claim same point as you claim while getting Tier 1 And again in Extension Last year

Thank you
Hi,

She didn't raise any questions related to my earnings. She was just interested in initial WP employer related documents. When I provide P45 of that employer , she did ask me to provide as many as I have related to that employment/employer.

Note: I forgot to mention that , I switch from 1st WP to a 2nd one before making a Tier-1(General). I think that might be the reson she did ask specifically to check how that switchover to other WP was happend. Comparitively my case is little bit complex hence she was interested to know more in details. So this may not happen to everybody. Ofcourse it totally depends on the CW.

hope this clarifies your concerns.