ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Accountant (Self Employed)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abby92

Letter from Accountant (Self Employed)

Post by abby92 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello all,

I have recently applied for Tier 1 general extention and I have submitted a letter from my accountant as I am employed + self employed (sole trader).

My accountant is a chartered certified accountant but on the letter, his reg.no is not present. I went through the guidance which does not say about registeration details to be mentioned in the letter. It only says the accountant has to be registered with one of the bodies nominated which he is.

Do you think it will be a problem at all? Please reply.

Also Manka10, if you are reading this thread please dont reply as I have "benefited" alot from your "knowledge" (sorry no offense)

Manka10

Re: Letter from Accountant (Self Employed)

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:19 pm

abby92 wrote:(sorry no offense)

reply to your query I shall definitely not "mate", but that quote totally threw me off my chair... :lol: :lol: :lol:

its good to know that you are so "loved"
Manka

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:29 pm

You don't need to have a registration number on your accountant letterhead.

Hardly you will see a number on a letterhead . If CW wishes to check then CW can visit accountant's regulatory body's website. Whether , it is a ICAS or ICAEW or ACCA all have facilities to check ones' membership.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Manka10 wrote: reply to your query I shall definitely not "mate", but that quote totally threw me off my chair... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In your own words "dude, i wouldnt go to a party uninvited" see the link below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

You just cant stop behaving like this. This is what I hate. I am going to report this attitude of yours.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:38 pm

abby92 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:I am going to report this attitude of yours.
oooh & what will happen next ? pray tell...

btw I have already reported your "attitude" of courting controversy right from the first post in this thread & getting personal by mentioning names of ppl on the board :P
Manka

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

abby92 wrote:
Manka10 wrote: reply to your query I shall definitely not "mate", but that quote totally threw me off my chair... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In your own words "dude, i wouldnt go to a party uninvited" see the link below
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

You just cant stop behaving like this. This is what I hate. I am going to report this attitude of yours.
regarding the uninvited to the party thingy, you definitely "invited" me by mentioning my name dude (or i feel compelled to gatecrash if my name is mentioned)

hey, u going through all my previous posts ?!? :lol:
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 am

benneviss wrote:You don't need to have a registration number on your accountant letterhead.

Hardly you will see a number on a letterhead . If CW wishes to check then CW can visit accountant's regulatory body's website. Whether , it is a ICAS or ICAEW or ACCA all have facilities to check ones' membership.
Fully agree with this abby92. If HO wants to check, they can do themselves. Dont worry.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:04 am

Your accountant could also supply their registration details on the letter for you. The effect of this is just to save time for UKBA however and, as mentioned above, there are resources available for UKBA to check credentials if they wish to do so.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 am

Thank you benneviss, shahjee11 and accountantMatthew. Your replies have put me at ease. You are all gems :)

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:56 am

No problem , any time