ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photocopies of documents for tier 1 dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RaviSS
Newly Registered

Post by RaviSS » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Hello Experts
I have applied for child's Tier 1 general dependent visa from VFS centre Bangalore India on 16th March 2012 and visa has not issued till now (27th march 2012).
while submitting the I submitted my payslips, fund maintaintence, appointment letter, house rental agreement in original I did not include photocopies and staff at VFS centre did not ask for photocopies
After submitting I was going through the VFS website and in that they have mentioned we should include a photocopies of documents else they might retain the original documents.

Has anybody faced this kind of situation?

Will this affect the visa decision?

I would really appreciate experts opinion or anybodies experience in this

thanks
Ravi S

RaviSS
Newly Registered

Re: Photocopies of documents for tier 1 dependent visa

Post by RaviSS » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 pm

RaviSS wrote:Hello Experts
I have applied for child's Tier 1 general dependent visa from VFS centre Bangalore India on 16th March 2012 and visa has not issued till now (27th march 2012).
while submitting the I submitted my payslips, fund maintaintence, appointment letter, house rental agreement in original I did not include photocopies and staff at VFS centre did not ask for photocopies
After submitting I was going through the VFS website and in that they have mentioned we should include a photocopies of documents else they might retain the original documents.

Has anybody faced this kind of situation?

Will this affect the visa decision?

I would really appreciate experts opinion or anybodies experience in this

thanks
Ravi S

Dear friends,
Can somebody please answer this, it is been 9 working days and application is still showing as under process, when I checked the processing time lines of february for India it showed 96% application processed with in 5 working days , mine is simple clear cut tier 1 dependent visa for child and there is no confusion or what so ever
is it normal to take child dependent visa taking this much time from india?

if anybody share thier experience on this or any expert opinion is much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Post by jsamuel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

Photocopies do matter as Border agency can hold your originals. This would however not affect the decision on the application. The whole process could take from 1 - 6 weeks so don't sweat over this.

Please let me know if you have to take your child to VFS for the visa application? I am actually confused as I have a 1 month old kid and would have to apply for a dependant visa for him soon.

RaviSS
Newly Registered

Post by RaviSS » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:18 am

jsamuel wrote:Photocopies do matter as Border agency can hold your originals. This would however not affect the decision on the application. The whole process could take from 1 - 6 weeks so don't sweat over this.

Please let me know if you have to take your child to VFS for the visa application? I am actually confused as I have a 1 month old kid and would have to apply for a dependant visa for him soon.
Thanks ... Yes you need to take your child to VFS even though there is no biometric, since your child is only a month old check with VFS helpline
before you take appointment.

chsubbu33
Newly Registered

Post by chsubbu33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 pm

My family came recently 4 months ago from Bangalore and i can confirm my kid who is one year old not taken to vfs office but you need to submit photo graphs ( i am mentioning this because some will prefer to take photos in vfs centre).

Thanks,
Subbu.