ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by aahmed786 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm

I got my visa yesterday, but i missed. today i got my documents and visa too.

Applied: 20th jan
Biometric: 2nd march
card + docs: 22 march

Thanks to everyone and this forum! :)

blizzardra
Newly Registered

Post by blizzardra » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Good to you all. I did the biometric on 2nd March and I still get nothing.
Quite serious now.

Mp046
Newly Registered

PLz help me

Post by Mp046 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 pm

I applied on 15th march ... It is 8 days by today but money is not Yet deducted from my account .. Can any guide me what to do now

aahmed786
Newly Registered

Re: PLz help me

Post by aahmed786 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 am

Mp046 wrote:I applied on 15th march ... It is 8 days by today but money is not Yet deducted from my account .. Can any guide me what to do now
Hi,

Just wait, coz they have loads of applications to deal with... I was expecting biometric letter within 3 weeks and i got it in 6th weeks and my total application process time exceeds 2months, however i applied in january.

This is almost an end, so u might have to wait bit longer

Gladz
Newly Registered

Post by Gladz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Posted 08/3/12
Received 09/3/12
Money deducted 16/3/12
Ackn 22/03/12 dated 16/03/12
Waiting BRP :lol: :lol: :lol:

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 am

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest?By going through the above timings, is it okay to assume a normal TAT of 2 months, i.e. one month for biometric letter and one month after that??

maamiruk
Newly Registered

I got my documents back today

Post by maamiruk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 am

I got my documents back today

Application Sent:23-jan-2012
Acknowledgment letter:1-feb-2012
Biometric invitation:7-march-2012
Biometric given:7-march-2012
Documents received:26-march-2012
BRP card: ???waiting :(

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 pm

saliame wrote:Hi,

Could anyone please suggest?By going through the above timings, is it okay to assume a normal TAT of 2 months, i.e. one month for biometric letter and one month after that??
That seems to be the trend as of recent, Biometric letter is recieved after 4-6 weeks and documents are recieved 3-5 weeks after that, but as we all know there is no fixed timeframe and with the application influx increasing waiting period could get longer.

placebo
Newly Registered

:(

Post by placebo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Gave biometrics on the 3rd of March. Still didn't get anything. I'm really worried.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 pm

htc_123 wrote:
saliame wrote:Hi,

That seems to be the trend as of recent, Biometric letter is recieved after 4-6 weeks and documents are recieved 3-5 weeks after that, but as we all know there is no fixed timeframe and with the application influx increasing waiting period could get longer.
Many Thanks

maamiruk
Newly Registered

Re: I got my documents back today

Post by maamiruk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:29 am

maamiruk wrote:I got my documents back today

Finally I got my BRP card today :D
and stress is finally over

Thanks to all guys here and fingers crossed for those waiting for their visa.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am

I am still waiting on mine. I did my biometric on the 5th of March, still no documents or BRP. Should I start going mad?

maamiruk wrote:

Nefertiiti

maamiruk
Newly Registered

Post by maamiruk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:43 am

Nefertiiti wrote:I am still waiting on mine. I did my biometric on the 5th of March, still no documents or BRP. Should I start going mad?

maamiruk wrote:

Don't worry mate you will get it in this week... :)

Nimal
Newly Registered

Post by Nimal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:11 am

Application Sent:2 feb -2012
Acknowledgment letter- 10 feb-2012
Biometric invitation:15-march-2012
Biometric given:15 -march-2012
Documents received:??? Waiting
BRP card: ???waiting

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

Same BRP date

Post by pipemoronv » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 am

I've got the same BRP date... however I applied the 26 of Jan, according to the dates in this forum we will be recieving our BRP between the 3-5 of April.
Nimal wrote:Application Sent:2 feb -2012
Acknowledgment letter- 10 feb-2012
Biometric invitation:15-march-2012
Biometric given:15 -march-2012
Documents received:??? Waiting
BRP card: ???waiting

jen101
Newly Registered

Post by jen101 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Application sent: 18 Jan
Acknowledgement letter: 30 Jan (dated 26 Jan)
Biometric letter: 7 March
Biometrics given: 7 March (Oxford Post office)
Passport and documents received: 28 March (dated 23 March)
BRP: waiting

Good luck to everyone!

haruumare
Newly Registered

Post by haruumare » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Biometrics given 7th March in Liverpool homeoffice with one dependant.
Passport and BRP received today (28th Mar) through immigration consultant.
It's just in time before our flight.
Now we can go back to my country to see my parents! Hooray!

Good luck to everyone!!!

BukhariChambers
Newly Registered

PSW Deadline!

Post by BukhariChambers » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:36 am

To all the ACCA students who have passed their Oxford Brookes exam –
CONGRATULATIONS!
You have 3 working days until the deadline of the 6th April to apply for
PSW. We are offering to submit your application at a reduced fee of £450
(usually £550) when you contact the office and quote ‘PSW PROMO’. You have
priority as applications must be submitted by 4th April, so call us now on
0208 446 5498. Tell your friends!

placebo
Newly Registered

Post by placebo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am

Hi all,
Is there anyone who have given their biometrics on or before 3rd of March and still waiting? I am wondering if it's only me still waiting. Called UKBA and they said they can't give information about my application and I just have to wait...

AK1441
Newly Registered

Post by AK1441 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm

placebo wrote:Hi all,
Is there anyone who have given their biometrics on or before 3rd of March and still waiting? I am wondering if it's only me still waiting. Called UKBA and they said they can't give information about my application and I just have to wait...
I have given my biometrics on 27th feb .. still nothing ...
Lets see whats in store for us ..
hope for the best ..

Cheers

blizzardra
Newly Registered

Post by blizzardra » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

placebo wrote:Hi all,
I did it on 2nd and nothing coming. Quite stressful now

promosorous
Newly Registered

PSW Waiting Timelines

Post by promosorous » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Guys, I gave my biometrics on 10 Feb, and still no response from the UKBA. I have been going through immigration boards and UKBA website and came up with the following theory. Hope this helps.

PSW process is divided in 3 stages.

STAGE 1
This stage begins when you submit your application, and ends when you receive the biometric letter. The timespan for this stage should be no more than 5 weeks. If you don't receive your letter by than, you can call home office and request for a new letter.

STAGE 2
This stage begins on the date you submit your biometric and ends in 4-5 weeks. By the end of this stage either your application gets processed and your documents are returned, or in a worse case you hear no response from home office and you reach the third stage.

STAGE 3
If you are in this stage, this means that some of your documents are being reviewed or verified. The link for details of this process is (read page 4 of the document) below. This means that in a worst case scenario, the review process can take 4 weeks according to home office, and you will receive your documents in fifth week.

UKBA's Contact Number: https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... migration/
Read Page 4 for more information about verification and reviews: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf
Processing time posted by UKBA, they update the date (currently 5 March) every two weeks: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

AK1441
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Waiting Timelines

Post by AK1441 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 pm

promosorous wrote:Hi Guys, I gave my biometrics on 10 Feb, and still no response from the UKBA. I have been going through immigration boards and UKBA website and came up with the following theory. Hope this helps.

STAGE 1
This stage begins when you submit your application, and ends when you receive the biometric letter. The timespan for this stage should be no more than 5 weeks. If you don't receive your letter by than, you can call home office and request for a new letter.

STAGE 2
This stage begins on the date you submit your biometric and ends in 4-5 weeks. By the end of this stage either your application gets processed and your documents are returned, or in a worse case you hear no response from home office and you reach the third stage.

STAGE 3
If you are in this stage, this means that some of your documents are being reviewed or verified. The link for details of this process is (read page 4 of the document) below. This means that in a worst case scenario, the review process can take 4 weeks according to home office, and you will receive your documents in fifth week.

Read Page 4 for more information about verification and reviews: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf
Processing time posted by UKBA, they update the date (currently 5 March) every two weeks: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
That is a great piece of info .. however, I have one question
I have submitted my biometric on 27th feb .. so next week will be the 5th week...
now if i dont get it in the next week ... do u mean that I will have to wait another five weeks for the documents ... or u r calculating 5 weeks from the biometric submission date ..

kindly explain ..

Thanks and Regards

promosorous
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Waiting Timelines

Post by promosorous » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

AK1441 wrote:
promosorous wrote:Hi Guys, I gave my biometrics on 10 Feb, and still no response from the UKBA. I have been going through immigration boards and UKBA website and came up with the following theory. Hope this helps.

STAGE 1

STAGE 2

STAGE 3

That is a great piece of info .. however, I have one question
I have submitted my biometric on 27th feb .. so next week will be the 5th week...
now if i dont get it in the next week ... do u mean that I will have to wait another five weeks for the documents ... or u r calculating 5 weeks from the biometric submission date ..

kindly explain ..

Thanks and Regards
On 19th March UKBA updated their website claiming that they are considering applications till 05 March (applications for which biometric has been submitted). They update the date information after two weeks. Considering your timeline, I would say you were at the lower end of the queue on 5th March. Plus the information that I gave above does not includes delays due to huge volume of applications. So I would say wait for 2 more weeks before considering that you are in the verification stage. Plus even if you are in the verification stage the worst case scenario takes four weeks. If you are lucky verification can be done even in one week. Hopefully you will not have to be in the 3rd stage and will get your visa soon.

PS: I calculated the timeline of each stage separately, and you move to the next stage after one stage is completed.

Regards

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

Post by pipemoronv » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Looking for a job while you wait for your VISA?? http://bit.ly/H2Vozq

About the waiting times http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

There are some posts in this forum that have recieved their documents and applied AFTER the 5th of MARCH... so I wont trust to much in that webpage... what I've noticed is that the dates are now LONGER!!, before it was around 20 days from giving the prints to the recieving the BRP... now is like 25, I assume they will be streched even more!.

Does anybody knows the waiting times for the refusal? I mean do you have to wait like the same amount of time for a negative response or is it faster?

Cheers, and hoorah for funds depleting!