ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In the event of job loss AFTER visa has been granted...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dza926

In the event of job loss AFTER visa has been granted...

Post by dza926 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 am

What happens in the event of a change of circumstances i.e. a job loss, after a spousal visa has already been granted? Would my wife's visa be revoked?

I ask as we live in uncertain times, with the economy how it is.

bobobo

Re: In the event of job loss AFTER visa has been granted...

Post by bobobo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 am

I dont think your wifes visa can be revoked if you loose your job,
dza926 wrote:What happens in the event of a change of circumstances i.e. a job loss, after a spousal visa has already been granted? Would my wife's visa be revoked?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 am

dza926 wrote:What happens in the event of a change of circumstances i.e. a job loss, after a spousal visa has already been granted? Would my wife's visa be revoked?

Explain your status in detail.
1. Which visa applied for?
2. Authentic Reason for refusal or rejection of job?
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

dza926

Post by dza926 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 am

My wife will shortly be applying for her spouse visa. I am the main sponsor and currently employed, meeting maintenance requirements etc.

I am just curious that, after her visa is granted, if I lost my job could anything potentially happen to her visa?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 am

dza926 wrote:My wife will shortly be applying for her spouse visa. I am the main sponsor and currently employed, meeting maintenance requirements etc.

I am just curious that, after her visa is granted, if I lost my job could anything potentially happen to her visa?

Not really, but apply as soon as possible. To be honest with you, sometimes Entry Clearance Officer call the employer for confirmation. Precautionary measures have always been taken. It is better to fix and tighten your documents without giving any chance to ECO to call to your employer.

HOpe it works
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 am

None of this information is requried, the point is the HO makes decisons on past and present circumstances and not on future scenarios...

Once the Visa is granted and if you were to loose your job the HO cannot do anything about this especially revoke any visas.
Gregarious wrote:

Explain your status in detail.
1. Which visa applied for?
2. Authentic Reason for refusal or rejection of job?

dza926

Post by dza926 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 am

bobobo wrote:
Once the Visa is granted and if you were to loose your job the HO cannot do anything about this especially revoke any visas.
Yeah, this is basically what I wanted to know. Thanks guys.

j.rock
Newly Registered

Post by j.rock » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:42 am

hi every one, two questions

1 .what if you change jobs during the spouse visa process

2. and what if you lose your job before they give a decision.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:01 am

j.rock wrote:hi every one, two questions

1. NO problem

2. No problem, as Bobobo mentioned that HO makes decisions on past and present circumstances. But sometimes they call to the employer if they are doubtful.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 am

They do look at future circumstances. If a person has a temporary job or inconsistent income for example they may consider that you will not meet the adequate maintenance requirement.

If you change your job whilst the application is under consideration you should inform the embassy and give them details of your new employment otherwise they may contact your old employer who will tell them you no longer work there.

If you lose your job before a decision is made the application may be refused if this comes to their attention.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:04 am

Greenie wrote:They do look at future circumstances. If a person has a temporary job or inconsistent income for example they may consider that you will not meet the adequate maintenance requirement.

If you change your job whilst the application is under consideration you should inform the embassy and give them details of your new employment otherwise they may contact your old employer who will tell them you no longer work there.

If you lose your job before a decision is made the application may be refused if this comes to their attention.
Wow, perfect reply. I totally agree with Greenie. I insist on this; they might call your employer; so it is better to keep your house in order.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 am

changing ur job during the visa process could lead to trouble. what if you give details of ur previous job and the ECO checks there u no longer wouldbe there..
my husband had the same issue he was going to start a new job on 17th Nov 2011, i was goin to submit my app in october. but i waited till he atleast had his new job contract in his hand.what i did was submitted his last 6 months payslips from the job he was leaving + the actual contract of the new job with all the contact details etc. he also explained his situation very clearly in his suppost statement for my app.
even tho my app has been refused the ECO had no issues with my husbands job
visa-grante:25.10.12

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 am

Gregarious wrote:

1. NO problem

2. No problem, as Bobobo mentioned that HO makes decisions on past and present circumstances. But sometimes they call to the employer if they are doubtful.
Gregarious i understand that you are trying to help ppl but dont give answers with such assurence if you dont really know what your saying is 100% correct..
Changing jobs while your spouse visa is underproces can lead to problems, its always better to explain these situations in the visa app and give as much evidence as possible to support ones app.
i suggest you refrain from such advice in future, i am sure you dont wana give someone the wrong advice which leads to a refusal of their visa.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 am

syma wrote:
Gregarious wrote:

1. NO problem

Gregarious i understand that you are trying to help ppl but dont give answers with such assurence if you dont really know what your saying is 100% correct..
Changing jobs while your spouse visa is underproces can lead to problems, its always better to explain these situations in the visa app and give as much evidence as possible to support ones app.
i suggest you refrain from such advice in future, i am sure you dont wana give someone the wrong advice which leads to a refusal of their visa.

@ Syma,

Why should I give any wrong suggestion? Before writing anything, you must read my first message and commented to Greenie. so sad

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 am

Gregarious wrote:
syma wrote:
Gregarious wrote:

1. NO problem

@ Syma,

Why should I give any wrong suggestion? Before writing anything, you must read my first message and commented to Greenie. so sad
the question asked is

what if you change jobs during the spouse visa process

u said

No problem

when really it can cause problems..

i am only giving you advice no need to take it personally..

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks for your advice.

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:54 pm

all i can say is if you lose or quit your job while the visa application is being processed your more likely to get the visa refused as this is what happened to me.... they do usually check your emplyer so if you lose your job, get another on quickly and write to them includuing you new employment letter... i hope this helps coz im going through an appeal now because of it :(

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 pm

If in the middle of the application process if you were to change jobs then best thing is to send a letter explaining the same to the caseworker along with proof of new job e.g. contract, letter of INtent to hire etc.
this should safeguard you. make sure this is sent recorded and the application ref number is provided.

Again TBH the HO validates the Payslips, NI contributions etc but I have seldom heard of them to call em,ployers and get confirmations that might happen in specific cases when thionds are flagged or dont add up
syma wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
syma wrote:
Gregarious wrote:

1. NO problem

@ Syma,

the question asked is

what if you change jobs during the spouse visa process

u said

No problem

when really it can cause problems..

i am only giving you advice no need to take it personally..