ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent sponsor VISA letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasmeetmanik
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent sponsor VISA letter

Post by jasmeetmanik » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi all,

Please could anyone advise me with the sample Tier 2 dependent sponsor letter required from your company to sponsor ur dependent/wife. Thanks to all

Cheers
J

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Jasmeetmanik,

I am not aware that your company would sponsor your wife as your Tier 2 dependent. However, you can obtain a letter from them to say you work with the company. You are sponsoring the dependant, not the company. All you need to do is make sure the employment letter states your salary, time withe company, etc. If your HR people are nice they can also add to the letter confirming that they understand you need the letter for the UKBA to sponsor your dependant.

Where is your wife? In the UK, out of the UK? This will determine how you make the application.

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Yes, you can get that letter from your employer. I've obtained that letter and used in my recent application to UKBA which is yet being processed. To my knowledge, there is no set format for the letter. I've asked my employer to add the following details in the letter:
- my name/ date of birth, passport number and country of issue
- their name and DoB, passport number etc
- the amount your company is willing to support, in my case it was £533 per dependant as they were already here. Please note that the fee has changed, so the maintenance fund required. but that is only after the applications made from June 14th (so far as I remember)
- I've also asked them to mention that the sum is in addition to what is needed for my own support, that is £800. So, they have added a final line, which would clarify it. Though my maintenance has been already been ticked in the (certified in) the Sponsor's online application.

Good luck!

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Ashokbrt,

I am not sure I understand your reply. Are you saying you have a maintenance requirement for your Tier 2 application and that your company has given you a letter sponsoring you and your family?

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Kumar,

Yes, I've two things in my case.
1. My employer has agreed to support my maintenance equivalent to £800 in their application of the certificate. This would cover the requirement for my application.
2. My employer is also ready to support my each family members. This is explained in a letter issued by my emloyer. The details of which I've noted in my earlier post.

Hope that helps.
:lol: