ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for T1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonbca

When to apply for T1 extension

Post by jonbca » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Hey, my first Tier 1 General expires on 4 Aug 2012. I want to ensure that I have the requisite 5 years to apply for ILR in 2015 (assuming it still exists and is not priced out of reach by then).

I've been watching the forums and it seems like processing is now taking about 90 days for routine applications. When should I send off my paperwork? I was thinking late June, but when I applied last time (non-BRP) I applied on 17 July and had everything back 3 weeks later.

Also, because of a "problem" with my employer's HR department, I may be forced to use a P60 as earnings confirmation. Since these run to 6 Apr 2012, this means I'd have to send off my papers before 6 July, right? Can you check my maths there :D ? Thanks!

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:31 pm

quick suggestion about the problem with your HR - get your tax records from HMRC and submit them too, as evidence from a third source, if your employer is going to be hostile in the event of verification

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks. The problem is not related to malice or hostility, just the speed of bureaucracy.

Does it have to be HR who provides an earnings confirmation letter? Or can it be a director or VP in my department?